For visitors to Sosua next week-- a party!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Hi one and all,

It all began in the 'Coming to Sosua' thread.

Larry's coming next Thursday, and we had planned to meet at Rocky's for dinner, so if you are in the area and would like to meet some DR1ers, please join us.

Also, we're planning a little excursion on The Road to Moca. It's god's country up there, and at the summit one can have coffee and a view that stretches 30 miles every which way. Thursday eve might be a great time to discuss more.

SO... Thursday, Sept 16th... ROCKY'S FOR DINNER AND DRINKS

so far:

Larry
dawnwil
AZB

Add your name if you are able to join us.

P.S. alanindr, your timing is impeccable. Every time, a miss. Next time you're here, I'm starting a thread:

The Elusive Derelict is in Residence... etc, etc. We'll get you yet.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Hey, great. Look forward to meeting you both.

So we have now:

Larry
dawnwil
AZB
purplebunniern & Melissa
Brian & Debbie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Party Organizer

Why not just go to Cafeto on Thursday? Enjoy the view, eat and talk. I think I can get D&D to join us if you do..It's a long haul on a work night--Yes, darlin' some of us still do that stuff...

HB :D:D

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Dearest Hillbilly

Ouch.

I wish I knew the meaning of 'work night'. With my work, at times every day's a work day... no kidding, I'm in one of those deadline phases at the moment; finishing some work to deliver to SD before heading to the US for more work.

ahem... key word: work heehee

So when I saw the thread begun by drost and purplebunniern (and I would love to know the meaning of that one, LOL), I thought, "Nope, no time to organize and nurture along a party this week."

But I had made plans to meet Larry for dinner at Rocky's, via that infamous Chat scene. Thought I might as well throw it on the table and see what happens.

btw, what is Cafeto? Say 'hi' to D&D for me!

And upon return to DR, you've got it: we need to plan a dinner around the Santiagoers. Santiagoites. hell, how do you say it? Sosuans is easy...

Santiagoans. Santiagoiueres (heh)

dawnwilmakeamends

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Thursday Somewhere

Hola Dawn & HB,

Sounds like a get-together in progress. Count us in, but with a suggestion. Since a lot of folks do have to work, would Friday night be better? Just a thought....If HB's up for Thursday, that's good enough for us. Be good to see you guys.

Dianne

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
I'm easy...

Hey Dianne--

Thursday was the day because Larry and I had casually planned dinner the day he flew in, ie:

Hey Dawn, want to meet me at Rocky's for dinner?
You bet, Larry!
Cool.

It matters not to me which day, so Larry? AZB? purplebunniern, what say you? I believe Brian & Debbie will be ok with Friday too, as long as I call them soon. THey've recently moved here, so I would love to see them get out a little and meet some people.

but I am very worried that AZB will have a seizure if he has to wait one more day for his projector... right, dude? hee hee.

So I will leave it to others to yay or nay or offer suggestions. :)

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
friday is fine

hey guys friday is not a problem. Any day actaully cause we are on vacation.
I will get in touch with Marco when i get to puerto plata to find out details

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you so much for being so flexible.

Let's use "SANTIAGUEROS" OR, more properly, "Santiaguenses" although nobody like it .

Anyway do let us know since there is a possibility that I am receiving royalty from Spain and possibly Denmark on Saturday the 18th and I have to make like a chef..

:D:D

HB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Either day is fine with me. However, I know AZB will be in Sosua with me on Thursday afternoon. I don't think he was planning on coming back again Friday. Like I said though, whatever you guys want to do is cool by me :).

Larry

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Posting from Rocky's where I've met Rocky, AlaninDR and a few others.. strange and nice to connect internet and real life..

I'm around town (Cabarete) and look forward to coming over on a Thursday..

Cheers,

MD

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Ok... Friday It Is

Seniority before, hmmm... would that be 'Beauty' AZB? heehee.

Maybe, but Hillbilly's like royalty here... with 40+ years in the DR, he has some stories!! I deferred to seniority and royalty. :)

But I don't feel too bad; have a feeling AZB will be in projector heaven anyway. heehee.

I checked with Debbie & Brian and Friday is actually better for them as well. On Thursday, Brian would have missed to babysit their daughter.

SO: FRIDAY AT ROCKY'S, 7 PM for DINNER & DRINKS

Larry
dawnwil
Brian, Debbie, & daughter
Kurt & Kurt jr.
purplebunniern & Melissa
Hillbilly
D & D

Merengue, I just passed by Rocky's and dropped off Lut. Sorry I missed you!
Hope Friday is ok.

Will repost a new topic with date to avoid confusion.