Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lASIK EYE SURGERY

HI PEOPLE...........

just a quick question, i have been looking around several sites and can't seem to find what i'm looking for...........

does anyone know about any great well prepare lasik eye surgeon.,,i am considering getting my sight operated and would like to do this in DR, since ive heard about the good Doctors over there and it is also a lot more expensive here in NY
    i would prefer the Santo Domingo area if any one has any onformation on a Doctor where i can go to please provide any and all info

Gracias..
    la Siega,,Gimabella

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gimabella
    HI PEOPLE...........

just a quick question, i have been looking around several sites and can't seem to find what i'm looking for...........

does anyone know about any great well prepare lasik eye surgeon.,,i am considering getting my sight operated and would like to do this in DR, since ive heard about the good Doctors over there and it is also a lot more expensive here in NY
    i would prefer the Santo Domingo area if any one has any onformation on a Doctor where i can go to please provide any and all info

Gracias..
    la Siega,,Gimabella
    I too would appreciate the info...

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Take into account the aftercare. Also the travel costs and the peace of mind factor. How much is Lasik in NY? Availability to the latest technology and procedures? If we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference, is it worth the risk?

The DR has a few good Ophthalmologists, but they do not have the numbers (amount of procedures) as some of their counter parts in NY or Miami.

Practice makes perfect!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lasik Cost In Nyc

My sister had Lasik eye Surgery for $2000. that is very cheap compared to what my brother paid in R.I which was $3500.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Take into account the aftercare. Also the travel costs and the peace of mind factor. How much is Lasik in NY? Availability to the latest technology and procedures? If we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference, is it worth the risk?

The DR has a few good Ophthalmologists, but they do not have the numbers (amount of procedures) as some of their counter parts in NY or Miami.

Practice makes perfect!
    I agree, but for those of us who live in the DR and can't afford to travel, I think it's a bit easier to get it done down here...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Gimabella,
    You should also consider driving to Toronto or Montreal, Canada. I have seen prices for Lasik around $900 CDN per eye. With the current exchange rate, that should around $660 USD. Got mine done in Montreal for less than $1000 CDN per eye.

Just a tought.
    Ecarignan

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    He is (or was)located on the second floor of the Bella Vista Clinic behind the Clinica Gomez Patino on Ave. Independencia.

Mine cost USD$700 for one eye, and he had done more than 20,000 procedures before me. BTW, this was about 7-8 yrs. ago.

I was absolutely impressed by the whole operation. It is a miracle to see people come in with coke bottle glasses and walk out crying with happiness.

I recommend him 100%
    JD, what was your post-op script?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    He is (or was)located on the second floor of the Bella Vista Clinic behind the Clinica Gomez Patino on Ave. Independencia.

Mine cost USD$700 for one eye, and he had done more than 20,000 procedures before me. BTW, this was about 7-8 yrs. ago.

I was absolutely impressed by the whole operation. It is a miracle to see people come in with coke bottle glasses and walk out crying with happiness.

I recommend him 100%
    Bella Vista or Bellas Artes?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my sights down to -4.25 in each eye and I can't see diddlysquat at night so if anything it's gotta get better! lol It's good to know that there's someone safe to "see" in the DR.

Thx!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't take chances with your eyesight!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

Practice makes perfect!
    Absolutely. What is your vision worth?

I can't imagine for a moment price shopping a procedure like this. The experience of the surgeon should be the first priority, and location/proximinity/convenience second, and price LAST! So what if it was $1000 or $5000... it's your eyes!

While complications aren't that common, they do occur. An infection... a loose flap, an enhancement required after weeks or months. Having your Dr. close by if problems arise is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast