Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default lASIK EYE SURGERY

    HI PEOPLE...........

    just a quick question, i have been looking around several sites and can't seem to find what i'm looking for...........

    does anyone know about any great well prepare lasik eye surgeon.,,i am considering getting my sight operated and would like to do this in DR, since ive heard about the good Doctors over there and it is also a lot more expensive here in NY
    i would prefer the Santo Domingo area if any one has any onformation on a Doctor where i can go to please provide any and all info

    Gracias..
    la Siega,,Gimabella

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimabella
    HI PEOPLE...........

    just a quick question, i have been looking around several sites and can't seem to find what i'm looking for...........

    does anyone know about any great well prepare lasik eye surgeon.,,i am considering getting my sight operated and would like to do this in DR, since ive heard about the good Doctors over there and it is also a lot more expensive here in NY
    i would prefer the Santo Domingo area if any one has any onformation on a Doctor where i can go to please provide any and all info

    Gracias..
    la Siega,,Gimabella
    I too would appreciate the info...

  3. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Take into account the aftercare. Also the travel costs and the peace of mind factor. How much is Lasik in NY? Availability to the latest technology and procedures? If we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference, is it worth the risk?

    The DR has a few good Ophthalmologists, but they do not have the numbers (amount of procedures) as some of their counter parts in NY or Miami.

    Practice makes perfect!

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lasik Cost In Nyc

    My sister had Lasik eye Surgery for $2000. that is very cheap compared to what my brother paid in R.I which was $3500.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Take into account the aftercare. Also the travel costs and the peace of mind factor. How much is Lasik in NY? Availability to the latest technology and procedures? If we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference, is it worth the risk?

    The DR has a few good Ophthalmologists, but they do not have the numbers (amount of procedures) as some of their counter parts in NY or Miami.

    Practice makes perfect!
    I agree, but for those of us who live in the DR and can't afford to travel, I think it's a bit easier to get it done down here...

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gimabella,
    You should also consider driving to Toronto or Montreal, Canada. I have seen prices for Lasik around $900 CDN per eye. With the current exchange rate, that should around $660 USD. Got mine done in Montreal for less than $1000 CDN per eye.

    Just a tought.
    Ecarignan

  7. #7
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    He is (or was)located on the second floor of the Bella Vista Clinic behind the Clinica Gomez Patino on Ave. Independencia.

    Mine cost USD$700 for one eye, and he had done more than 20,000 procedures before me. BTW, this was about 7-8 yrs. ago.

    I was absolutely impressed by the whole operation. It is a miracle to see people come in with coke bottle glasses and walk out crying with happiness.

    I recommend him 100%
    JD, what was your post-op script?

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    He is (or was)located on the second floor of the Bella Vista Clinic behind the Clinica Gomez Patino on Ave. Independencia.

    Mine cost USD$700 for one eye, and he had done more than 20,000 procedures before me. BTW, this was about 7-8 yrs. ago.

    I was absolutely impressed by the whole operation. It is a miracle to see people come in with coke bottle glasses and walk out crying with happiness.

    I recommend him 100%
    Bella Vista or Bellas Artes?

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, my sights down to -4.25 in each eye and I can't see diddlysquat at night so if anything it's gotta get better! lol It's good to know that there's someone safe to "see" in the DR.

    Thx!

  10. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Don't take chances with your eyesight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Take into account the aftercare. Also the travel costs and the peace of mind factor. How much is Lasik in NY? Availability to the latest technology and procedures? If we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference, is it worth the risk?

    The DR has a few good Ophthalmologists, but they do not have the numbers (amount of procedures) as some of their counter parts in NY or Miami.

    Practice makes perfect!
    Absolutely. What is your vision worth?

    I can't imagine for a moment price shopping a procedure like this. The experience of the surgeon should be the first priority, and location/proximinity/convenience second, and price LAST! So what if it was $1000 or $5000... it's your eyes!

    While complications aren't that common, they do occur. An infection... a loose flap, an enhancement required after weeks or months. Having your Dr. close by if problems arise is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •