kaoba bungalows or casa blanca?

samara131

Aug 27, 2004
k,
so i narrowed my hotel choices down for our trip to cabarete next week. i just need a little help. to refesh you all, we are 2 youngish women looking for a clean nice place that is somewhat close to the beach and bars.
i was wondering about the bungalows at kaoba. when they say "tropical construction", what does that mean exactly? is this a primitive hut or just its own freestanding room? do lots of insects/mosquitoes or other critters get in easily? it sounds like a neat thing, but i will get in a whole lot of trouble by my girl if it is "roughing it" too much.
or, there is a studio available at casa blanca at the pool house (the one not near the beach). should we go with that instead?
i think we may take a little trip to las terranas for a few days in the middle of the week so we can always come back and change. but i would still like a nice place to stay for the first few days with out having to move.
once again, thank you, you all have helped me go to the DR informed!
samara

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
samara131 said:
k,
so i narrowed my hotel choices down for our trip to cabarete next week. i just need a little help. to refesh you all, we are 2 youngish women looking for a clean nice place that is somewhat close to the beach and bars.
i was wondering about the bungalows at kaoba. when they say "tropical construction", what does that mean exactly? is this a primitive hut or just its own freestanding room? do lots of insects/mosquitoes or other critters get in easily? it sounds like a neat thing, but i will get in a whole lot of trouble by my girl if it is "roughing it" too much.
samara

You are certainly better of in Kaoba .
Its a short walk to the beach and all the bars and restaurants.
Casa Blanca is too far away to get back late at night safely..
Its a pretty long dark stretch to get back.

samara131

Aug 27, 2004
Paul Thate said:
You are certainly better of in Kaoba .
Its a short walk to the beach and all the bars and restaurants.
Casa Blanca is too far away to get back late at night safely..
Its a pretty long dark stretch to get back.

thanks for your response! i was wondering how "rustic" the bungalows were though. lots of mosquitoes/bugs and other wildlife getting in??? if anyone can let me know i would appreciate it GREATLY! leaving on saturday! thanks!

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Well one persons " rustic" is another's 5 star.
So that is difficult to answer , its all about taste and what you were used to.
Why not ask for their hotel units.
They are very good and I believe the same price .
They certainly can't be full next week.