Cell Phone

L

Lori

Can I get my cell phone programmed for sending and recieving calls done at a Codetel office in Puerto Plata? Which one is the main office and can it be done in a day?

J

Jskr1

I recently had the procedure done in Santo Doningo you need to go to a regional office not all offices can do the procedure from begining to end it took me about an hour and a half which included getting calling cards at a different office from the one that programed the phone. As to wether the office you are planning to go to can do the procedure I'm sorry but I don't know. Hope this helps.

L

Loren

If your phone is analog you can purchase a Tricom card and do it yourself. Here's how:

<A HREF="http://www.tricom.net/html/prod_serv/cellcard/scan_a_spa.html">http://www.tricom.net/html/prod_serv/cellcard/scan_a_spa.html</A>

J

Jim Hinsch

These are instructions to program your phone for carrier type A, since Codetel is type B. This method works for outgoing calls only, made using the Cellcard, which I was told by their main office in Santo Domingo is no longer offered and I have not since been able to purchase.

My E-mails to TriCom attempting to confirm what all their offices have told me have gone unaswered as well. I'm trying to find out if perhaps the TriCom Amigo card now carries the functionality previously offered by the CellCard. Previously the TriCom Amigo card worked only with phones that had been programmed with a phone number to recieve calls on the TriCom system, and so far their office people tell me that is still a requirement for using the Amigo calling card.

At this time, I believe the only similar option is to instead program to carrier type B and use Codetel's equivalent card, the Communicard, which can be bought everywhere and at the airport Codetel office. Note that I'm unable to call many new area codes in the USA using this card.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

J

Jim Hinsch

Neither Codetel nor TriCom will allow a person to program their cellular phone themself to receive calls. It is against their contract terms. I am intimately familiar with the programming procedure and insisted I would program it myself if they would just give me a phone number and I would give them my phone id # (the combination of the two identify your phone). They won't allow it.

The programming instructions you are pointing to simply tell how to change a certain model of cellphone to scan carrier A. They do note that the method of changing the scan system is different for different cell phones.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM