Alot to do in a short time...help again please

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
I will be arriving in santiago at 1.40pm, Tuesday 28th september.
While I am there I would like to do some shopping. I am familiar with the calle del sol area and the plaza international. I am looking to get some dress slacks and clothing.
Where do you propose I go to find nice clothes, at great price?
I also want to go to place to shop for gifts.
Also anyone I can use as guide for hire to take me around for the day, and roughly how much would it cost?
This includes picking me up from the airport, checking into the hotel, then getting some shopping done....so roughly from the time I arrive to 6 or 7pm ( 4 - 5hours of service)

The next morning around 10 or 11 am, I will stop in la vega for about 4 hours or so. I want to refresh my memory of that place. I stay at a hotel that I didn't really like, don't remember the name. What is a nice place in the town of la vega to stay?

Later in the afternnon of the 29th I will head down to santo domingo to spend the night there, as I will have an early morning (7.55am) flight to Brazil.
First I would like to find a hotel that 24hour staffing that will be able to give me a wake up call at 5.30am in the morning and arrange to have a taxi to take me to the airport? I don't feel confident of myself of waking up so early. AAny recommendation of such hotel, preferable not exceeding $40,50,60 bucks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
TCIDR said:
I will be arriving in santiago at 1.40pm, Tuesday 28th september.
While I am there I would like to do some shopping. I am familiar with the calle del sol area and the plaza international. I am looking to get some dress slacks and clothing.
Where do you propose I go to find nice clothes, at great price?
I also want to go to place to shop for gifts.
Also anyone I can use as guide for hire to take me around for the day, and roughly how much would it cost?
This includes picking me up from the airport, checking into the hotel, then getting some shopping done....so roughly from the time I arrive to 6 or 7pm ( 4 - 5hours of service)

The next morning around 10 or 11 am, I will stop in la vega for about 4 hours or so. I want to refresh my memory of that place. I stay at a hotel that I didn't really like, don't remember the name. What is a nice place in the town of la vega to stay?

Later in the afternnon of the 29th I will head down to santo domingo to spend the night there, as I will have an early morning (7.55am) flight to Brazil.
First I would like to find a hotel that 24hour staffing that will be able to give me a wake up call at 5.30am in the morning and arrange to have a taxi to take me to the airport? I don't feel confident of myself of waking up so early. AAny recommendation of such hotel, preferable not exceeding $40,50,60 bucks

Take a look at this very nice new hotel in the Colonial Zone that fits your budget. Friends have stayed their and say it's very nice.

http://www.dr1.com/directories/hotels/europa.shtml

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Robert Thanks

Are there any hotel near the airport Las Americas, Santo Domingo with the services I do require?
The Hotel that you've mentioned is that close to the airport? It seem like a nice property.

I figure since I would have to get a taxi from the CaribeTours Station, it would be worth it to start working my way to the airport from there. Do you not think this is a good idea?
I do await any response in all aspect of my original post -
ie - Shopping santiago, hotel la vega, Hotel Santo Domingo (not far from airport)

Thanks in advance for any help

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you want close to the airport, then you will have to stay in Boca Chica.
Many hotels in your price range. My picks would be either Costalunga or Zapata. Lots of threads on DR1 about hotels in Boca Chica.

Boca Chica is 10-15 mins away from the airport by taxi.
Santo Domingo (Colonial Zone) is 30-45 mins depending on traffic.

Your morning flight is early so you are not going to get any traffic.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Thanks Rob for your generous help.
I have done some research into the boca chica resorts and The Costalonga is a great choice. I am debating in my own mind whether I will stay there or at the Don Juan. But that is something I have alot of time to think about, even to point of arriving in BC without yet making that decision.

I would now like to proceed to arouse more response underlining shopping in Santiago outside of Calle Del Sol

The forum have prove helpful as I hadn't any knowledge Boca Chica was closer to the Las Americas airport. Thanks a mil and a half

I am very adventurous and usually figure things out after i arrive, but I would like to get any response to make the time better spent, without digging into my pocket for lack of a plan or preparedness.

So Santiago shopping with a guide/taxi from the airport to my hotel, then some working our way around town. Any recommedation there. I don't mind calling someone once I reach the airport, or before. I imagine if I pre arrange this the price wouldn't go up if I were to approach someone at the airport. If not, do give me an idea of pricing for this time that I will spend in somebody's car. I suppose this would cost a little more than renting a vehicle???

Regarding the hotel in La vega no worries. I will just pick one. ...just need is as a place to keep my luggage & personal document safe

Robert work the magic on the santo domingo end by recommending boca chica

Thanks again