Las Galeras & Cabarete

sschilling

Sep 12, 2004
Hello All! What a great resource! Planning a trip to DR from Dec 17-31. Will be spending a week in Las Galeras and a week in Cabarete with my hubby and 2 children (10 & 13). My mother was Dominican and I spent many a wonderful holiday there. We used to have a home in Cabarete. I hear it has changed MUCH in the 14 years since I have been there! Anyway, some questions...I am looking to stay either in the guesthome La Plantacion or in a bungalow rental (not sure if it is available yet) called Casa de Los Suenos. Any input on either of these two places? Looking for affordable family housing (Las Serenes was $$$$$$). Second, looking into Nanny's Estate Cabarete Beach Houses. Hear there is much erosion at this part of the beach now. Any opinions on this location? Hoped to stay at El Magnifico, but it is sold out. Our other choice is Hideaway Beach resort. Very pricey, but hoping they will come down in price. We will have a car, so a bit of a drive to Cabarete is no problem. Thank you for any advice and reviews of those locations and see you in December!!!

Hooley

Dec 7, 2004
Las Galeras

You might try juarylolo@hotmail.com on LG. They have very suitable family accomodation. (A bit noisy at night but almost everything is.) Call (809) 538 0208. If they are full ask them for an alternative. (Spanish, English, and Flemish spoken)