Plastic hairy burritos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I had the misfortune of stopping on the POP Malecon today at a restaurant called Aguacerros. I had heard that they served Mexican food, and that they did. Alan had the nachos, and I, the burritos. Now when I had to pull a 15 inch strand of hair out of my mouth, I was very careful to not let it fly into Alan's meal, as the wind was blowing that way.
I neatly wrapped it up in a napkin, disposed of it and resisted the urge to complain. Minutes later, I encounterd a 3 to 4 square inch piece of fried plastic, at which point I called the waitress over and she explained to me that it was just plastic and not very serious.
When they brought us the bill and wanted to charge me for my plastic hairy burritos, I asked the waitress over and calmly explained to her that it was customary to not charge a client for an uneaten meal full of special chef's surprises. When I saw that she wasn't getting the message, I asked her what she would do if I had found a coackroach in my meal. She agreed that she wouldn't charge me for a coackroach infested meal, but I had to pay for the plastic hairy version.
I told her that I would write about it on the internet, to which she told me that she didn't care.
So here it is.
Aguacerros, serving fine plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
LOL This is the winner for "funniest thread on DR1" in my opinion! Oh, the perils of eating in the DR... :nervous:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Be Glad The Hair Was "Long And Straight",and not "Short And Curly"!

There is NO good Mexican food in the DR!!! The tomatoes here are "dry" and have no flavor(hence no good "salsa"!).The restaurants won't buy good sour cream! They don't know how to use Mexican spices.I could go on,but let's just say "Cook it at home"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I've been told there is a good Mexican restaurant in Sosua - next to the Dive Center on the same street that the Government office is on. A pretty sophisticated English couple was raving about it last month. - D

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Que Viva Mexico!!

I really miss the carnitas served in Mexico..
I also reminisce the torta milanesa.....

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
mexican restaurant santo domingo

solituna said:
I really miss the carnitas served in Mexico..
I also reminisce the torta milanesa.....

Plaza Dorado in santo domingo has a good mexican owned restaurant. what every your heart desires.

the plaza is about 2 blocks north of plaza central, and a block or 2 east

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Montezuma's revenge...

Rocky said:
Aguacerros, serving fine plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.
Now that I have managed to crawl out of bed, after 24 hours of the runs, I would like to change the title to...
Aguaceros, serving Montezuma's plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Marc, you have a way with telling stories. LOL.

BTW, how were Alans nachos?

Larry

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Alan's Nachos.

Larry said:
Marc, you have a way with telling stories. LOL.
BTW, how were Alans nachos? Larry
Alan had no problems whatsoever. He even thought that the fat ugly toothless waitress was cute.
What can I say? The dude was brought up wrestling Texas longhorns.
He's told us stories of eating grasshoppers, possum, fresh young armadillo, rattle snake, monkey and the like.
It's really hard to judge how good his Nachos were by his unusual standards of what is considered good eating...

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Rocky said:
Now that I have managed to crawl out of bed, after 24 hours of the runs, I would like to change the title to...
Aguaceros, serving Montezuma's plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.

Marco,

Tell us the whole truth,,,,,,,,, were you flirting with the cooks girlfriend?? ;)

Your buddy
Joe

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
Well, thanks for posting it on the net. Poor customer service skills make me furious. You can see what happened to me if you do a search on dr1.com . The owner showed up at this forum and started threatening and insulting me. Aguacerros is now on my black list and I will make sure not to go there and warn my friends about it. Those people don't deserve to have a business if they don't care about customers!

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
In fact, I think it would be a great idea to visit Aguacerros in Sosua and just let them know that you read on the internet that they serve "hairy burritos". I will make sure I do that if I ever visit POP. Those people have no idea of how powerful the internet is.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
"Alien"

santiagotrav said:
Well, thanks for posting it on the net. Poor customer service skills make me furious. You can see what happened to me if you do a search on dr1.com . The owner showed up at this forum and started threatening and insulting me. Aguacerros is now on my black list and I will make sure not to go there and warn my friends about it. Those people don't deserve to have a business if they don't care about customers!
I do remember that story of the red ants in your Barahona hotel.
I didn't remember the part about the owner threatening you.
What I wonder about, is how did the owner of the hotel that you stayed at or the restaurant that I "dined" at, ever managed to be successful enough to own a business. It truly amazes me. How can anyone that incompetent actually own a business?
I can see how a street sweeper may lack social skills and business understanding, but these guys mystify me.
The truth of the matter is that I don't expect my post to have any impact on his business and don't really care. I was out with my buddy, had a good time, had a good laugh at all the weird things I was pulling out of my burritos and hoped it would entertain a few people in here.
If you could have seen me with this 15 inch cheese covered hair, flying like a flag in the brisk wind, heading right into Alan's plate, and here I was, squeezing my lips tight on it while I tried to locate a napkin and get a hold of the little bugger.
By the time I got to the piece of plastic, I thought Alan was going to bust a gut. It was about half the size of this entire post, and it just kept on getting bigger as I gently pulled it out.
It kind of reminded me of that movie "Alien", when the monster came out of the guy's stomach.
That's a lot of entertainment for 400 pesos.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
still cracks me up

Marc, that title is really growing on me... am thinking

rock & roll band or song title
new age restaurant guide
playstation game

what else?

oh yeah... children's book name hee hee

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Royalties...

dawnwil said:
Marc, that title is really growing on me... am thinking

rock & roll band or song title
new age restaurant guide
playstation game

what else?

oh yeah... children's book name hee hee
Don't forget my royalties...

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
Actually, the "Barahona Hotel Experience" was posted by someone else on this forum. I don't remember her user name. My experience involved a Dominican ladies introduction service. If you do a search, you will find it. The owner did show up and tried to intimidate me as well as he did insult me. Obviously, that confirmed his poor customer service skills and people knew I was telling the truth about what I consider a scam. That was my opinion and nobody has any right to insult me or threaten me for exercising my right to freedom of speech.

Rocky said:
I do remember that story of the red ants in your Barahona hotel.
I didn't remember the part about the owner threatening you.
What I wonder about, is how did the owner of the hotel that you stayed at or the restaurant that I "dined" at, ever managed to be successful enough to own a business. It truly amazes me. How can anyone that incompetent actually own a business?
I can see how a street sweeper may lack social skills and business understanding, but these guys mystify me.
The truth of the matter is that I don't expect my post to have any impact on his business and don't really care. I was out with my buddy, had a good time, had a good laugh at all the weird things I was pulling out of my burritos and hoped it would entertain a few people in here.
If you could have seen me with this 15 inch cheese covered hair, flying like a flag in the brisk wind, heading right into Alan's plate, and here I was, squeezing my lips tight on it while I tried to locate a napkin and get a hold of the little bugger.
By the time I got to the piece of plastic, I thought Alan was going to bust a gut. It was about half the size of this entire post, and it just kept on getting bigger as I gently pulled it out.
It kind of reminded me of that movie "Alien", when the monster came out of the guy's stomach.
That's a lot of entertainment for 400 pesos.

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
Glad you Post it

Every Aguacerros has a rainy day, but the true of the matter is that when it comes to serving foods to the public DR is a dangerous place. Eat the most you can at home because cooks amd waitresses are underpay and they sure don?t give them. That is why the watress said she didn?t care. DR food store inspection are almost zero, and if they fail an inspection. a few dollars put them right back where they started from. The best places to eat are normally in resort areas and STO DGO or where there is a reputation to keep, otherwise, you in for a surprise. As a DN I must apologyze for the behavior of the waitress and the business as a whole. And I hope after this Aguacerro ?s rainy days never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.