Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic hairy burritos

I had the misfortune of stopping on the POP Malecon today at a restaurant called Aguacerros. I had heard that they served Mexican food, and that they did. Alan had the nachos, and I, the burritos. Now when I had to pull a 15 inch strand of hair out of my mouth, I was very careful to not let it fly into Alan's meal, as the wind was blowing that way.
    I neatly wrapped it up in a napkin, disposed of it and resisted the urge to complain. Minutes later, I encounterd a 3 to 4 square inch piece of fried plastic, at which point I called the waitress over and she explained to me that it was just plastic and not very serious.
    When they brought us the bill and wanted to charge me for my plastic hairy burritos, I asked the waitress over and calmly explained to her that it was customary to not charge a client for an uneaten meal full of special chef's surprises. When I saw that she wasn't getting the message, I asked her what she would do if I had found a coackroach in my meal. She agreed that she wouldn't charge me for a coackroach infested meal, but I had to pay for the plastic hairy version.
    I told her that I would write about it on the internet, to which she told me that she didn't care.
    So here it is.
    Aguacerros, serving fine plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL This is the winner for "funniest thread on DR1" in my opinion! Oh, the perils of eating in the DR...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Be Glad The Hair Was "Long And Straight",and not "Short And Curly"!

There is NO good Mexican food in the DR!!! The tomatoes here are "dry" and have no flavor(hence no good "salsa"!).The restaurants won't buy good sour cream! They don't know how to use Mexican spices.I could go on,but let's just say "Cook it at home"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

4. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been told there is a good Mexican restaurant in Sosua - next to the Dive Center on the same street that the Government office is on. A pretty sophisticated English couple was raving about it last month. - D

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Que Viva Mexico!!

I really miss the carnitas served in Mexico..
    I also reminisce the torta milanesa.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mexican restaurant santo domingo

Quote Originally Posted by solituna
    I really miss the carnitas served in Mexico..
    I also reminisce the torta milanesa.....
    Plaza Dorado in santo domingo has a good mexican owned restaurant. what every your heart desires.

the plaza is about 2 blocks north of plaza central, and a block or 2 east

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montezuma's revenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Aguacerros, serving fine plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.
    Now that I have managed to crawl out of bed, after 24 hours of the runs, I would like to change the title to...
    Aguaceros, serving Montezuma's plastic hairy Mexican food on Puerto Plata's Malecon.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh ****

15 inch hairs and platic pieces, do you suppose the cook sat on your meal.
    I will pm you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc, you have a way with telling stories. LOL.

BTW, how were Alans nachos?

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alan's Nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Marc, you have a way with telling stories. LOL.
    BTW, how were Alans nachos? Larry
    Alan had no problems whatsoever. He even thought that the fat ugly toothless waitress was cute.
    What can I say? The dude was brought up wrestling Texas longhorns.
    He's told us stories of eating grasshoppers, possum, fresh young armadillo, rattle snake, monkey and the like.
    It's really hard to judge how good his Nachos were by his unusual standards of what is considered good eating...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast