Be Careful Of Websites

3D-MENTAL

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 13, 2004
Be Carefull Of Websites

Hi People, Due To The High Volume Of Housing Questions I Decided To Do a Little Investigation And To No One Surprise I Discovered A Major "scam" On Realty Websites Such As: super-casas.com Popularenlinea.com, Listindiario.com.do, Hoy.com.do, Diariolibre.com And Last But Not Least Super-carros.com There Is An Affiliation Between All Of This Websites, Making You (the Consumer) Think That You Have An Option When In Reality You Don't. These Websites Have Something In Common:they're Run By The Same Company *merit Design*. All Of The Mentioned Sites Charge As High As Four (4) Times The Value Of The House And Cars. DON'T BUY FROM THEM

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is not uncommon. Even DR1 does this :) What, do you think we only have 1 site?

Some of these are completely separate companies, others are not.

If you look a little deeper, you will notice that all that is happening here is that their scripting and backends are looked after by one company. This is good business, very common on the Internet and it's making all of those sites become more successful in the local market place.

I know the people that are looking after these sites and they are honest, have a great name and doing a great job.

Nuff said!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Super-Casas and Super-Carros are from the same company. Anyone can tell that's the case. Banco Popular's site looks like it was designed by the same people, but they have their own properties listed, not the ones from Super-Casas. Diario Libre and Hoy don't have their own classified section. They just link to these sites as you can clearly see in the URL. Both Listin Diario and El Caribe do not link to these sites, as far as I could see. They have their own classified section with no pics, but real classifieds from their newspapers. Their prices are real prices. You do have to understand that any price advertised in The DR is always high. The expectation is that you will haggle...When they ask a million for an appartment they are expecting that they will get 950,000, if so.
I don't see the problem...I do see a need for a site in The DR where you can get up to date info and realistic prices on real state, cars, etc...I think Super-Casas and Super-Carros is a step in that direction, but for s tie like this to be successful, they need to constantly update their info, so that the customer knows that what's there is really available and not grossly overpriced.

Super-Casas needs to "marry" with Cupido Realty and Re-Max to make a good website with the appropriate information.