Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Punta Cana-Bavaro Weather Report

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather to Go There

Wednesday, Sept. 8.

Yesterday was a hot day as usual and had some thunder-boomers overnight.

It is early afternoon now and there is a light overcast, hazy, but not enough to stop the suns rays from BBQing the sun worshipers.

It is about 86 F / 30 C in the shade and the humidity is at about 75-80 %. The wind is from the NE at about 10 mph. Great weather for sitting in the shade and having a cold one. I expect maybe to see some sun this pm but would not be surprised if the cloud cover becomes more dense as Hurricane Ivan passes far south of here during the next 24 hours.

As usual there should be some showers and thunder-boomers tonight as long as it happens tonight.

Sunset this evening is 6:42 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:20 am.

Regards,
    PJT, your newly anointed Bavaro / Punta Cana weather advisor

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PJT - look forward to your "weather on the ground" regularly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You for the update

Excellent weather report if you arent already you should become a weather person. No hold on you wouldnt fit in - far to much information for the viewers. Our weather reports are something like this IT WILL BE SUNNY TODAY WITH CLOUDS AND THE CHANCE OF RAIN. POSSIBILITY OF WIND WITH A SLIM (BUT POSSIBLE) CHANCE OF SNOW WHICH MAY TURN TO SLEET. Think Ive covered every eventuality

Thanks again for the update - In London its a scorcher - Not a cloud in sight with temps of 29 deg - Absolutly gorgeous - Unfortunatly it will turn sour in time for the weekend

Regards

Mick

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather to Go There

Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather Thursday, Sept. 9

The weather conditions this morning promise a fine day in store. There were some threats of thunderstorms overnight but nothing materialized.

Yesterday, there was a slight overcast that changed in the evening to a dark and threatening cloud cover, the Bavaro surf had picked up, and the ocean water was cooler. The sea breezes were giving a couple of kite surfers in El Cortecito some fast fun. I suspect it was a result of the outer fringes of Ivan teasing the area.

There was a slight cloud cover this morning at sunrise. At 8 am it is sunny, about 85 F / 29 C, and the humidity is at about 80 %. Great tanning weather. The wind is from the ESE at about 12 mph -10 kt. There will probably be some showers/thunderstorms late afternoon or tonight.

Sunset tonight is 6:41 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
    PJT

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20th

hi all

I have been monitoring the the weather and Ivan for the past week as I come to Punta Cana on the 20th Sept. With all the websites that everyone has recommended i feel like a qualified weather person (not) and have bored the pants off my girlfriend by showing her how Ivan has missed DR. Basically does anyone know a good website where I can check the 10 day forcast for Punta Cana? The websites I have checked are totall different to what people are saying on these forums so i would rather go with what teh Forum says. i will probably ask the weather again just before I come.

Thanks

jon

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you check this thead on an ongoing basis, PJT will keep you up to date as to what is happening on the ground, the real situation. Can't get better than this.

Any major changes (storms, hurricanes) will be on the weather forum.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather to Go There

Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather Friday, Sept. 10

The weather conditions this morning had the sunrise arrive through scattered clouds. It is 9:30 am and it is sunny for the most part, the sun forcing itself through a light haze. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C, and the humidity is at about 75 %. There are refreshing breezes, the palms leaves are waving, the wind is gusting from the E at about 10 mph - 9 kt.

Yesterday was a disappointment as far a sunshine, there was practically none. A short spot of sunshine in the AM gave false hopes of a great sunny day in store. What transpired was a soup of overcast from light to medium clouding. It was great opportunity day to take in outdoor activities without the fear of becoming toast. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80ís F / high 20ís C. There were no rains during the day or overnight. Go figure! Blame it on Ivan.

Sunset tonight is 6:40 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
    PJT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PJT - Please have sunshine waiting

I am arriving in Punta Cana around 11am on Sunday (as long as flight goes as planned). Don't suppose you have a 10 day outlook?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

dee2123,

I'll look into my crystal ball and my ten day outlook will be a mix of sunshine, partly cloudy, and some bit of rain. Mostly sunshine once the island is released from Ivan's cloudy influence. I hope!

Recently, the normal routine without Ivan has been: mostly sunshine and partly cloudy (fair weather clouds), balmy breezes, hot and humid, spotty showers into the evening and overnight.

Regards and welcome to Punta Cana,
    PJT

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather to Go There

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Saturday, Sept. 11

The weather conditions this morning brought us a welcome sunrise. It is 10 am and it is SUNNY for the most part with scattered clouds. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C, and the humidity is at about 75 %. The wind is from the E at about 14 mph - 12 kt. Sun blocker needed today.

Yesterday, Friday, was an improvement over Thursday. It was a slow start in the am with some scattered clouds and hazy overcast. The pm improved with the sun gaining more strength through the thin haze. There were some scattered clouds. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80ís F / high 20ís C. It was a great afternoon to go to the beach, just to cool off.

Sunset tonight is 6:40 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
    PJT

Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast