Studying Spanish in Cabarete

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Hi

I am a Norwegian girl who wants to move to the DR after christmas. The first thing i need to do is learn spanish properly. Does anybody know about a school that offers intensive Spanish courses (2 to 4 months) in Cabarete?

Greatful for all answers

Siv

3D-MENTAL

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 13, 2004
Werner said:
Hi

I am a Norwegian girl who wants to move to the DR after christmas. The first thing i need to do is learn spanish properly. Does anybody know about a school that offers intensive Spanish courses (2 to 4 months) in Cabarete?

Greatful for all answers

Siv

Good decision I don't know of any school. my advice: get a guy like me to teach you, besides you learn better when you are having fun. I'm planning to move there too around the same time.so let me know if you want to hook up.

I'm 23 single, athletic, Dominican and fun ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I don't live in the DR but a friend of mine was thinking of taking a course at this school if you want to look into it:
http://www.ilangdr.com/en/index.asp

I'm sure the DR1 members living there can let you know if it's a good place and recommend other schools.
Good luck!

Werner said:
Hi

Greatful for all answers

Siv

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
When I first arrived here, I took lessons at Coral Languages Institute - A small school run by a Dominican Professor who helped me a lot. He could slot you into a class or individually, as you prefer, and paces the lessons as fast as you wish. Eventually I slowed him down as I had too much homework :) Somehow when I first started with Spanish, I thought it would be a breeze, and then I figured out it is hard.

He is in Cabarete in the Dominican neighborhood and there is a little sign on the main road. He speaks English and German and is a very sweet man.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Chris said:
When I first arrived here, I took lessons at Coral Languages Institute - A small school run by a Dominican Professor who helped me a lot. He could slot you into a class or individually, as you prefer, and paces the lessons as fast as you wish. Eventually I slowed him down as I had too much homework :) Somehow when I first started with Spanish, I thought it would be a breeze, and then I figured out it is hard.

He is in Cabarete in the Dominican neighborhood and there is a little sign on the main road. He speaks English and German and is a very sweet man.

How much did you pay?

- siv

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Werner said:
How much did you pay?

- siv

I cannot remember what I paid - I bought a book or two as well, so the costs are not clear in my mind. Anyway, I remember that I did not find it expensive at all at the time - but this was when the peso was 17 to 1 dollar. Sorry, but I really cannot remember.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I used to work at Coral Languages Institute and I would agree that the Director, Gustavo Vilmoria, and his wife, Miguelina, are excellent Spanish teachers. The school is located in Callejon de la Lomas, where you see the sign for Cabarete Caves, just before you get into Cabarete, coming from the Sosua side, and their telephone number is 571 9728.

I hope you enjoy your time here. It's a great place to visit and to learn Spanish, although it's not really very like Spanish Spanish, which is why I believe it's best to learn here, if this is where you're going to be using it mostly.

Remember me to Gustavo and Miguelina.

Linda.

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
This is a good way to get people to talk to you and send you all kind of replies. As a matter of fact , you making it sounds like you coming to a non spanish speaking country. Once you here, believe me , there are several institutions, private and local, and individual who would love to teach you all the Spanish you need. Just get here girl, then we talk. Good Luck!. Nos vemos

Hector

Last edited: