Sosua to STI

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I will be visiting Sosua and the DR for the first time in November. It turns out that I can save $240 by flying in to POP and departing from STI.

Based on research on DR1, I plan to take the El Caribe bus from Sosua to Santiago and then a taxi or bus to STI.

Given this scenerio, how long should it take to get from Sousa to STI? The flight is at 3 PM.

Also, how long before departure time should I get to the airport (STI)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
Sosua to Santiago

Hi Victor, I took the same bus company not too long ago from Sosua bus terminal to Santiago bus terminal took us about 2h45. How long in advance you should get to the airport depends if your flight is a charter or a regular scheduled flight. Usually a charter is 2-2:30hrs in advance and regular flight 1:30-2hrs in advance (my humble opinion!) If I would have a flight leaving out of STI at 3PM, I'd take a bus out of Sosua at around 9AM just to be sure. Have a nice trip !

NubeLuz -xxx-

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Victor Laszlo said:
I will be visiting Sosua and the DR for the first time in November. It turns out that I can save $240 by flying in to POP and departing from STI.

Based on research on DR1, I plan to take the El Caribe bus from Sosua to Santiago and then a taxi or bus to STI.

Given this scenerio, how long should it take to get from Sousa to STI? The flight is at 3 PM.

Also, how long before departure time should I get to the airport (STI)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have done this trip 20 times. Bus to Santiago, 1 hour 30 minutes, then taxi to airport, 15 minutes and be there 2 hours before, maybe 2.5.

Take a taxi, pay the 40 bucks and enjoy the mountain road from Sosua to Santiago, leave around noon and you will be at the airport by 1:30 or 2 oclock or leave around 11am just to be sure. The view is great going through that way, not the long way the bus goes.
Badpiece

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
badpiece33 said:
Take a taxi, pay the 40 bucks and enjoy the mountain road from Sosua to Santiago, leave around noon and you will be at the airport by 1:30 or 2 oclock or leave around 11am just to be sure. The view is great going through that way, not the long way the bus goes.
Badpiece

You can get a public taxi for maybe $25.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Jimmydr said:
You can get a public taxi for maybe $25.

Jimmy,

How is your brother doing? I had a great time taking him out with us NY cops while down there in August. He is a one of a kind guy, loves to have fun!

Scottie