Where to buy wine???

sunshine1

Aug 24, 2004
My husband and I will be living in sosua for six months starting Nov 1, for the winters we are from Canada, I am looking forward to meeting everyone when we get down there. I know you can get certain wines in the liquor stores but is there a place in Pop or Santiago where you get get a good choice and a good price. Answers much appreciated.

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
sunshine1 said:
My husband and I will be living in sosua for six months starting Nov 1, for the winters we are from Canada, I am looking forward to meeting everyone when we get down there. I know you can get certain wines in the liquor stores but is there a place in Pop or Santiago where you get get a good choice and a good price. Answers much appreciated.
Super Super located on Calle Pedro Clisante adjacent to Banco Santa Cruz, offers a modest and popular selection of wines. Their prices are competitively priced. The store is owned by two very nice brothers. :classic:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Coastal has a good selection of wines between Sosua and Cabarete.

If you?re ever in SD, try El Catador, almost opposite the American Airlines office on Winston Churchil. Very large selection of imported wines, I believe the largest in the Dominican Republic.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
moving wine

Has anyone moved personal wine to the DR. My wife and I are probably going to be moving the DR within the year. We have a rather large private cellar of wine in our home now and would like to move a bulk of it with us. Any advice?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
sunshine1 said:

There have been a lot of good answers to your post. Bring your favorites with you. You will have no problems when you arrive. Unless you bring a container full. LOL. Here, you will find several good Chilean wines (The best).

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Eddy said:
There have been a lot of good answers to your post. Bring your favorites with you. You will have no problems when you arrive. Unless you bring a container full. LOL. Here, you will find several good Chilean wines (The best).

We will actually be thinking of bringing about 2000 to 2400 bottles. This is our personal collection and will not be resold.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Good joke

Bob K said:
We will actually be thinking of bringing about 2000 to 2400 bottles. This is our personal collection and will not be resold.

At least I hope it is for your sake. Breakage during transport, theft or disapearance at customs, spoiled by hot weather and the list goes on.

wlongman

Sep 4, 2004
Sunshine1,

As I was told by nearly every Dominican man the 1st time I went down "I want to be your special friend" - I want to be your wino friend!!!

You are truly my hero!! :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I had a friend loose a 50,000 dollar containerized shipment of wine,

sitting on the dock in Puerto Plata 10 years ago.Took 3 months of fighting with customs before they agreed upon a price.You can tell them you are importing your personal collection,it makes no difference to them.Start Drinking now!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Very nice store

Nice wine shop at the Plaza Internacional in Santiago. Can't remember the name, but the staff seems to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Danny attended a wine tasting there about a month or so ago and seemed to enjoy the selections. Of course, they had to keep taking the bottles away from him and then asked him to use a glass instead of a straw! That's what happens when I go away for awhile............. I'll bet his socks didn't even match!! :confused:

Dianne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Customs

Criss Colon said:
sitting on the dock in Puerto Plata 10 years ago.Took 3 months of fighting with customs before they agreed upon a price.You can tell them you are importing your personal collection,it makes no difference to them.Start Drinking now!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Reminds me of the time I had a very large amount of cosmetics in my luggage and was stopped. When brought to the back room and I pleaded that it was only for gifts to a Children's CHarity (wink) "Marie" said "doesnt matter everyone MUST pay something" Sooo, can you iagine 2400 bottles of "personal" wine?

Bottoms up,

JOHN