SOSUA GATHERING FRIDAY, SEPT 17th

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
last message reposted from old thread:

I've changed the day to Friday.

Seniority before, hmmm... would that be 'Beauty' AZB? Maybe, but Hillbilly's like royalty here... with 40+ years in the DR, he has some stories!! I deferred to seniority and royalty.

But I don't feel too bad; have a feeling AZB will be in projector heaven anyway. heehee.

I checked with Debbie & Brian and Friday is actually better for them as well. On Thursday, Brian would have missed to babysit their daughter.

SO: FRIDAY AT ROCKY'S, 7 PM for DINNER & DRINKS

Larry
dawnwil
Brian, Debbie, & daughter
Kurt & Kurt jr.
purplebunniern & Melissa
Hillbilly?
D & D?
MerengueDutchie??

Merengue, I just passed by Rocky's and dropped off Lut. Sorry I missed you!
Hope Friday is ok.

Anyone else in the Sosua area on Friday is welcome to join us! If you get a chance, please post here.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
In one post alone Dawn (newbie) has managed to attract more people in sosua then the whole NYC renioun of 200 plus posts and months of planning. Haahahahahaha
AZB

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Hlywud said:
Please if you take pictures resize them before uploading to the media gallery, even on high speed it takes awhile to download the pictures that total 7600kb.
It does take some work to resize, make thumbnails, and upload to the gallery.

No problema, wud.

I'll speak to Rocky about it. He knows. I'll do the work if he shows me the way.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Yay!

Hillbilly has confirmed... he's bringing along a 6 year old, so will be here between 5:30 & 6 pm.

I'm getting on the phone to the parents of the other youngsters to let them know.

BUT... for anyone else who wishes to say hi to Hillbilly, get your butts here early. :)

Larry
dawnwil
Kurt & Kurt
Brian, Debbie & Alyssha (sp?)
MerengueDutchie
purplebunniern & Melissa
Hillbilly & youngster
D & D?

Excellent, look forward to Friday evening! And anyone else who may be in town, please stop in and say 'hi'.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
We'll be a smaller group, but...

Yes, Merengue, spoke to Kurt today. He will be there. I will be there.

I haven't heard otherwise from Brian & Debbie, or purplebunniern & Melissa, but I didn't cancel tonight. Maybel they will feel like socializing after the storm; if so, they'll be here.

Hillbilly can't even begin to think about traversing the mountains today, so we're going to miss him, and D & D also I expect.

Larry's flying into SD now, so will not make Sosua until Monday, most likely.
At least he's in the country today, he had to fight for it.

Hey, Larry, if you see this! Guess what, dude? We fly out on the same day now and I daresay the same plane. ha. I had thought of flying out on the 23rd, but changed to the 24th at last moment. Thought, heck, will miss the company by one day. um, we will both be traveling light, LOL.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
holy hannah!

Just realized, I have nothing to wear for tonight. Am not back home yet and a quick (very quick) perusal of my vast traveling wardrobe indicates: 2 pairs of shorts, both dirty, 1 NY state police t-shirt, ewww, smelly, and a warm weather tank much too chilly for tonight. :( Well, I do have clean undies.

How about a toga party? Can rip up a sheet here maybe. heehee

OH! Debbie just called. She's coming, most likely. Brian, not sure.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You're kidding eh? Spent an hour or two at Rockies this afternoon. Ed offered us breakfast cooked by the gardener, or maybe he could promote the gardener to try cooking a burger ;)

Eventually the cook turned up and we had a good burger as usual. Coming home was an ordeal. There must be 100's of trees down. Thank heavens for 4-wheel drive... I won't be going out again before we have not cleared the road of at least 10 trees - the telephone lines are playing hide and go seek between downed poles, trees and -- now they're up, then they're down...

Enjoy the evening...

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
tks!

Sorry we'll miss you. So close but...

I can only imagine the drive up that road. ho boy.

actually, not kidding about wardrobe problem. May find some oversize jeans and, I don't know, a rugby shirt. oh well. Thank god Hillbilly can't make it! heehee

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Chris said:
You're kidding eh? Spent an hour or two at Rockies this afternoon. Ed offered us breakfast cooked by the gardener, or maybe he could promote the gardener to try cooking a burger ;)

LOL. Does this mean I'm cooking tonight maybe? Well, it all fits. I won't need party clothes after all. May be a limited menu, though.

I'll make my favorite: garlic mashed potatoes. that's it. they're delicious and good for you. yummy. hope everyone is ravenous.

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
Hey all
did the meeting happen? Melissa didnt want to travel out of the resort cause of the weather.
Im coming back in december for two more weeks, so maybe this time I can meet up with some of you.
Take it easy
Purplebunniern:bunny: