Honeymoon in Punta Cana

OctoberBride04

Sep 14, 2004
We are going to be honeymooning October 25 - 29 of this year and I would like to know about the area. I'd like to do something out of the ordinary while visiting. Can someone give me distances to surrounding areas? Any local artists I should check out? Where is the best place to buy local jewelry? What is there to do for honeymooners? We're staying at Punta Cana Grand/Sunscape. Anything on that?

Thanks!

OctoberBride04

Sep 14, 2004
Thank you! I will check out that site. I'm really excited! Hopefully Jeanne won't mess up the beaches / beachfront too badly!

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Delightful Little French Restaurant on the beach

Hi and Congratulations to you!

You haven't mentioned where you are staying in Punta Cana, but there is a nice French restaurant on the beach just south of the Carabela Resort. It has a very quaint, romantic, tropical atmosphere, with excellent food and I'm sure Edmund and Silvi will be happy to accomodate a little private 'honeymoon' accomodation on the beach, if you like.
I'll sent you a private message.

Enjoy!
Susie ;)

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
timelessdreams said:
You haven't mentioned where you are staying in Punta Cana
yes she did

OctoberBride04 said:
We're staying at Punta Cana Grand/Sunscape.
You can go to La Romana (about 1hr 45min) and do the catamaran tour to Saona Island. There will be beach vendors on the beach selling jewelry and such (be prepared to haggle.) The Basilica in Higuey (about 1hr) is also very pretty & the city will give you an oppurtunity to visit a different aspect of the DR that most AI'ers don't see. Have fun & congrats.

OctoberBride04

Sep 14, 2004
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Thank you everyone with your posts! I am so happy to have found this board! The way I look at it - You only have once in a lifetime, once in a lifetime. This will be my first "official" vacation. I've done the typical vacations growing up - Disneyworld and the carolinas...but never something as exotic as the DR! I can't wait! KEEP THE GOOD IDEAS COMING!!!! I appreciate it tons!

Punta Cana

There is lots to do outside the surrounds of an AI, many things have been suggested, even going to a nice city Higuey (?able IMHO). Saona Island is a very beautiful spot and can be very romantic if you wander away from the croded area's.
Altos de Chauvon is a wonderful artist spot outside of La romana and is a spot you should visit. there are also may decent restaurants along the Bavaro strip

Jeanne will be long gone and likely will do little damage to PC area, hopefully

You might want to look in a do a search or pose your question of this tourist forum, the more information you get the better off you will be.
http://debsdrtravels.proboards35.com/index.cgi?board=PC