New Year

DON MIGUEL

Jan 4, 2003
Hi all,

We have a condo in Cabarete and it's now for the first time that my spouse and I want to spend new years' eve in the Republica Dominicana.

Can some of you share your comments and experience ?
What is the atmosphere in Cabarete and Sosua on 31 dec ?

We are looking for a distinguished fine place with live music, great food, were we can dance. We hate vulgarity.

Maybe an hotel in Santo Domingo?

Thank you so much for your help !

Don Miguel
-Put a smile on your face and a spring in your step -

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
A newcomer's must

Rocky's in Sosua is THE happening place for New Year's. The drunks...I mean party goers are very well behaved. No vulgarity here folks, well sometimes the web cam gets a little wild, but hey, we can be refined...ask Ted... I swear, all the underware I saw was clean! The food is great and the company is even better.

This doesn't even take into account the gift giving champagne runs. You can dance all you want, no live band, but I'm sure you could get some of the locals to sing to you.

Why drive all the way to Santo Domingo when the best party is right in your back yard?

Dianne

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
DON MIGUEL said:
.....We are looking for a distinguished fine place with live music, great food, were we can dance. We hate vulgarity.....

Cabarete is quite the happening place on New Years. But distinguished? and fine? I don't know about all that - we just have fun on the sand!

Lucy

Jan 7, 2002
Tropicoco is a nice place to spend new years eve in Cabarete, will be an evening like you describe, although you really shouldnt miss hitting the beach afterwards, truly alot of fun! lucy

DON MIGUEL

Jan 4, 2003
Chris said:
Cabarete is quite the happening place on New Years. But distinguished? and fine? I don't know about all that - we just have fun on the sand!

Of course we can have fun, all year round, but for me, X-mas and New Years' eve are special events. For me a special event = a special dress code.
I like non-formal but also formal dressing (suit, smoking, chacabana..) and of course I love that my lady wears cocktail dresses and that we have a nice conversation at a gastronomic table.......

I read that new years' eve is unforgetable in Santo Domingo.

But I agree, Pierorgio is really beautyfull.

Thank you folks for your advice and comment !

All the best !
Don Miguel
Put a smile on your face and a spring in your step