High Speed Internet Availability

wlongman

Sep 4, 2004
So y'all got it there? Or must you rely on archaic dial up? What are the costs? (both dial up and if there is high speed). What's the availability throughout the country??

Thanks!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Choice of dial up or DSL in many areas. I have DSL in Sosua. You must be within a certain distance of the transmitting point to get DSL, so some of the housing areas between Sosua and Cabarete don't have it.

pedrodominicus

Dec 2, 2003
I've got a steam powered modem while my next door neighbors has DSL, with the same company, at 10 times my speed. Life's a bitch, or shoud I say Verizon's a bitch. Cable length is definitely important when it comes to DSL.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
wlongman said:
So y'all got it there? Or must you rely on archaic dial up? What are the costs? (both dial up and if there is high speed). What's the availability throughout the country??

Thanks!!

Availability varies throughout the country. For us to tell you if there is availability, you need to tell us your plans ;)

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
If you can read Spanish

Verizon has lots of information about their internet service plans at:

www.verizon.net.do

From this page use the link "Internet Flash Residencial". You can even type in your phone number and learn whether their DSL "Flash" service is available at your address.

pedrodominicus

Dec 2, 2003
Don?t get to excited with Verizon?s ?Key in your phone number to see if you are eligible for DSL gimmick?. When I key in mine, it tells me I?m eligible but when the technician tests the line they tell me I?m not. Don?t forget this is the DR.

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
verizon and centennial offer internet 3g, I think centennial is better now cause it works in more areas.

I use centennial and works fine, a PCMCIA card in my laptop with a small antenna, about 12 ks/s, flat rate , $2000 month

regards

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
pedrodominicus said:
Don?t get to excited with Verizon?s ?Key in your phone number to see if you are eligible for DSL gimmick?. When I key in mine, it tells me I?m eligible but when the technician tests the line they tell me I?m not. Don?t forget this is the DR.

Excellent point. I hadn't realized that was the case. Thanks.