DR (any airport) to Cartagena, Colombia - any ideas?

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
We know of Avianca from Santo Domingo and COPA SDQ - Panama City and then to Cartagena.

Any alternatives? These mentioned flights are quite costly...

Thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Avianca flies non-stop to Cartagena from SDQ? How much and how often?

I was thinking of going there, but AA stops only at Bogota, Cali etc., and otherwise it would be Avianca from MIA (which must be similar in cost to SDQ, maybe not).

And neither Avianca's web site nor Expedia show any flights from SDQ to CTG (or anywhere else for that matter) I'd be interested in knowing where that info lies.

Last edited:

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Avianca flies non-stop to Cartagena from SDQ? How much and how often?

They only offer service SDQ - BOG and then BOG - CTG. It's not cheap. :cry:

Maybe it will be COPA. They offer service from Santo Domingo to Panama and then a direct flight to Cartagena.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
locofoto said:
They only offer service SDQ - BOG and then BOG - CTG. It's not cheap. :cry:

Maybe it will be COPA. They offer service from Santo Domingo to Panama and then a direct flight to Cartagena.

Interesting - if you look at Avianca's Colombia and US sites they don't show SDQ as a departure or arrival airport at all.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Check Copa for $490.50 (including taxes) for Santo Domingo - Panama City - Cartagena.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Kind of a crummy routing though to head that far west and then turn around and head back for something almost due south - in which case I'd probably go back to MIA and then take Avianca from there. It sounded good from SDQ until the part where it seems they don't have any flights at all. I cannot recall ever seeing an Aviance plane or departure notice on the monitors at SDQ in the alst 4+ years.

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
No Avianaca in SDQ

Sorry. I mixed up something. There are no Avianca flights out of SDQ.

But the new COPA fare seems to be the lowest for right now. Almost the same price as for a flight US - Europe :cry:

Apr 26, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Kind of a crummy routing though to head that far west and then turn around and head back for something almost due south - in which case I'd probably go back to MIA and then take Avianca from there.
It's about 1,400 miles SDQ-MIA-Cartagena versus about 800 miles SDQ-PCY-Cartagena. Panama City (capital city of what used to be a province of Columbia) is only about 200 miles from Cartagena. Unless transfer times are far better in Miami, Miami would seem like a much longer trip.