DR1 changes are stealth

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Recently I have made some questionable post under the new guidelines. Apparently DR1 is utilizing the new G2 technology developed recently by the U.S. National Security Administration, which automatically blocks undesirable content from being stored.

No sooner than I make these posts they disappear into some giant void. It?s like I never typed them and hit submit. Is it just me?
Charlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I for one don't understand what you are saying. I don't know of any automatic delete buttons. :glasses:

What did you post and where?

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
chuckuindy said:
Recently I have made some questionable post under the new guidelines. Apparently DR1 is utilizing the new G2 technology developed recently by the U.S. National Security Administration, which automatically blocks undesirable content from being stored.

No sooner than I make these posts they disappear into some giant void. It?s like I never typed them and hit submit. Is it just me?
Charlie

Maybe it is Ivan that sucks it on their way to DR1???

Jess :bunny:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
What I want to know is how come I can't find the EDIT button anymore?

I have posts with TYPOS in them and all kinds of mistakes that might me look....ditzy?

Edited to add: OK I found the button FOR THIS POST, but not for others...why is that?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Jane J.,

I think it's a time thing.

The edit button is there for new posts but after a while (I don't know what the parameter is) it is no longer accessible.

I guess the thought is that if you haven't corrected it within X hours it couldn't be very important.

Gregg

P.S. - Or I could be completely wrong.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
FireGuy said:

The edit button is there for new posts but after a while (I don't know what the parameter is) it is no longer accessible.

I guess the thought is that if you haven't corrected it within X hours it couldn't be very important.

Gregg

After the Yvanka from Russia thread, As per Anna, Rob changed it so that you an only edit within 24 hours.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
chuckuindy said:

Charlie

Can you give it a rest with the childish posts, it's getting rather boring.

Thanks.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
FireGuy said:

Gregg

Correct!