Thinking of purchasing Casa Linda

tenniro

Sep 16, 2004
My husband & I are seriously considering purchasing a property close to Sosua ... specifically Casa Linda.

Does anyone out there know of these properties?

It would appear from the website www.casalindaonline. that these are well maintained and present well. We would be interested in purchasing one of these homes, renting it out for a portion of the time, as we still are working to put 3 kids through University eventually, and vacation there the balance until such time as we can FINALLY retire.

We have been searching, for what feels like a century, and really want to make sure that we have made a reasonable decision on where to retire.

Any & all insight would be greatly appreciated.

Robin
High River, Alberta, Canada

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Greetings from Ottawa, Ontario. I own a 3 bedroom villa at Casa Linda. I know a few others owners active members of this board. Bought mine 2-3 yrs ago and have been enjoying it for vacationing since then. Why don't you rent for 2 weeks, stay there and see if this is the right place for you. It has good management and the right mix of owners. My property like many others on the north coast has gained significant value.

I encourage you to buy within Casa Linda but rent there first and use the right lawyers and realtors. Don't hesitate to contact me directly at eric.carignan@commtech.ca

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Casa Linda

Hello from Southbridge, Massachusetts. My wife Sandy and I own a two bedroom villa in Casa Linda, CL is as nice in real life as it is in the web site. I agree with Eric, come on down for a couple of weeks and try it out. E-mail me @ kenkopas@hotmail.com if you have more questions.
Ken

sunshine1

Aug 24, 2004
next door neighbor

My husband and I are from Calgary. We started looking for properties in DR four yrs ago. We purchased land in Lomas Mironas in 2002. We stayed at Casa Linda in 2002 and considered buying there but chose not to. We bought a villa at Terramar Estates in Dec 2003 . Dean Brown (Century 21)was our realtor and John Bommarito (Remax) helped us a great deal. I will be happy to give you any info or any help I can. Our e-mail is sunshine1atrockies@shaw.ca

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
I forgot

Hi Again,
I forgot to mention to contact Jim Belair from American Realty DR , I know that he now has at least two villas available @ Casa Linda, he is most helpfull. His website is www.americanrealtydr.com.
Good luck.
ken

tenniro

Sep 16, 2004
Howdy Neighbour !!!

Just a few questions if you don't mind.....why not Casa Linda....and why Lomas Mironas .... or is it Terramar Estates??

Is there a website that we can view these property? I want to have as much ammo or rather info, prior to our arrival, so that we can make an informed decision.

Any other pearls of wisdom or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Robin

sunshine1 said:
My husband and I are from Calgary. We started looking for properties in DR four yrs ago. We purchased land in Lomas Mironas in 2002. We stayed at Casa Linda in 2002 and considered buying there but chose not to. We bought a villa at Terramar Estates in Dec 2003 . Dean Brown (Century 21)was our realtor and John Bommarito (Remax) helped us a great deal. I will be happy to give you any info or any help I can. Our e-mail is sunshine1atrockies@shaw.ca

sunshine1

Aug 24, 2004
your neighbor

Hi again! First of all I agree with all the other DR1ers,you should rent first and get to know the area. I dont know if you have been to Sosua before or if this is going to be your first trip. We will be there from Oct 30 till Apr6 so we will be happy to help you any way we can.I will be happy to answer any questions you may have why dont you give me a call at 1-250-342-3971. I find it easier to talk about these things. For more info just put in Terramar Estates to google and it will come up. Look forward to hearing from you. You already have our email address if you wish to email us.