Universities in DR

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
hi

i was wondering if anybody knows about somewhere i can contact if i want to study in the DR I have checked some of the university sights, but they are all in spanish - the subject i would like to study. Is there an office international students can contact or something like that...

does anybody know?

thanks for all answers

- siv

tenniro

Sep 16, 2004
University

I too would be interested in knowing about any Universities .......particularly close to the Sosua area.

You never know when the "Cherubs" decide to move back !!!

Robin

Werner said:
hi

i was wondering if anybody knows about somewhere i can contact if i want to study in the DR I have checked some of the university sights, but they are all in spanish - the subject i would like to study. Is there an office international students can contact or something like that...

does anybody know?

thanks for all answers

- siv

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
what your or would like to major in? I believe POP have branches of DR major univesities. You most likely would be traveling to Santiago, the second major city. It?s only 1 1/2 hour ride. ;)

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Universities

For your information:

www.pucmmsti.edu.do (Main Campus)
www.pucmm.edu.do (Santo Domingo Campus)

www.intec.edu.do

I would not recommend any other place.

However, if you just want to study Spanish there are tons of places for that.

Just type in *Spanish lessons* in the search function here and you will find lots of info.

POP/PUCMM only offers a few areas of study.
As for the other places, sorry, no comment

HB :D:D

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
Hi ! PUCMM has program agreement with well known universities in the US and is well known here for its business administration program, Quite a few foreing Ss attend PUCMM. How do I compare it to US universities That ?s a hard one for me. I went to college in the US, but this is a different ball game over here. The DR school system is very authoritarian. I know one thing, if you go to college and completed the requirements of a 4 years program, and for one reason or another you can?t attend the graduation ceremony, you will not graduate until you cross that stage_ somebody correct me if I am wrong. DR teachers have too much power. They can make you or break you. Female Ss sometimes get by grade if they...you knows....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
cOMPARISONS ARE DIFFICULT

tHE END PRODUCT IS VERY GOOD, SO WE DO SOMETHING RIGHT.

OUR MDS SEEM TO HAVE A VERY HIGH PASS RATE ON THE BOARDS

Sorry, did not see I had the Caps lock on...DUH...

Anyway, the student that graduates generally has lots of success at the graduate level, and that speaks highly of their preparation. There is not the cut throat competition for grades so prevalent in many Us in the USA.

Library resources are not a s good as most good schools in the States, it is a question of money. Endowments here are very slow growing. However, at one time a Harvard Prof told us that our labs were equal to or better in some cases than theirs. Who knows??

The deal is if you want to study, you can. If you graduate, you will be equipped for Grad School in your field.

HB :D:D

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
HB - It's great to know that a student need not leave the country for a good education. Is it your experience that most of the successful, well educated Dominicans have gone to Dominican universities? - D

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
hey,

i've heard that la UASD, UNAPEC, are also very good Universities..is it soo..

im working on my BA degree and plan on doing a Postgrado and or an MBA in DR in the field of business...

would these Universities be good aswell as INTEC

i heard INTEC has a good program..

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
I don`t really know about graduate programs in the Dominican Rep. However, I can tell you that UNIBE offers an MBA with another Florida based college.

Try to look for other programs in PUCMM and/or Intec.