HUGE Thank You!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For all the weather and damage updates from our posters.

It's times like this that you really appreciate what a diverse community we have here. From Ex-pats, Dominicans, hotel operators, tourists, local associations/businesses and all those in-between.

At one stage yesterday we had over 800 people simultaneously on the board, more than for the May 16th elections. It was one of the busiest days we have had on DR1, over 400,000 page views.

If anyone has any suggestions how we can improve the reporting or coverage in these types of situations, please post your thoughts.

Thanks, DR1.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Those photos are awesome! A couple of those Santo Domingo waves were breathtaking, even on line. I hope it's ok if I saved a couple. I'd like to try and paint them.
mkohn

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I really appreciated the coverage!

Thanking God I wasn't there and thanking DR1 for the updates to let me know how friends were faring.
The pic's are awesome!
Thanks to all who are posting in the thick of things and may the higher power help you all in the next few weeks as life returns to "normal" in the DR.

Robert

A huge thank you for your website and all the updated information from you and your resident posters, many on our tourista forums http://debsdrtravels.proboards35.com/index.cgi posed many questions as to what was happening which we answered via information from our friends ar DR1, I even hosted some of your damage pictures on another site as not to infringe on your bandwidth.

My thanks my friend

Wud

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hlywud said:
A huge thank you for your website and all the updated information from you and your resident posters, many on our tourista forums http://debsdrtravels.proboards35.com/index.cgi posed many questions as to what was happening which we answered via information from our friends ar DR1, I even hosted some of your damage pictures on another site as not to infringe on your bandwidth.

My thanks my friend

Wud

No problem. Debbie has a great board for resort info and we have always supported anyway we can.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Thank you

Thank you Robert, and all of the folks at DR1 for providing a forum and helpful information regading the status of the cities and towns where our loved ones are, in such times of crisis.
Charlie