Bahia Principe San Juan Bars

kat44

Aug 26, 2004
Im planning on going to Bahia Principe San Juan...while looking through websites i came across the bars hour none are open past 11..my travel agent mentioned a party in the street or something?!? does anyone have any information about this and what time does this close down at?!

Pomli

Sep 17, 2004
kat44 said:
Im planning on going to Bahia Principe San Juan...while looking through websites i came across the bars hour none are open past 11..my travel agent mentioned a party in the street or something?!? does anyone have any information about this and what time does this close down at?!

Hi there
I was at Bahia Principe San Juan recently
and there's a party in the street (different theme each night) that starts 10h30, 11h pm or a little later, depending on the day, but usually, around 11hpm it should start as in the resort, the main spectable and all the services (bars, restaurant...) closed down at 11hpm.
On the main street, the disco open at 11pm but don't expect lots of people before 12ham
I think that the bar next to the disco is opened earlier, but don't count on me for that as I have always used the bar in the disco and not the one next to it.
Closing time for bar, disco, karaoke, and others on the main street: 3ham
Anna

kat44

Aug 26, 2004
Hi Anne
Thanks for your reply, it helped alot...I have one more question if you are able to answer it or if anyone else is able to...when you go to those bars and disco on the street do you have to pay to get into them and do you have to pay for you drinks?!
Thanks Again
Kat

Pomli

Sep 17, 2004
kat44 said:
Hi Anne
Thanks for your reply, it helped alot...I have one more question if you are able to answer it or if anyone else is able to...when you go to those bars and disco on the street do you have to pay to get into them and do you have to pay for you drinks?!
Thanks Again
Kat

You don't have to pay for anything! Drinks, alcohols are all included as long as you wear the bracelet! :p! For the bars on the street, you will need to give them your room number each time that you are ordering something (it's for their internal check, as those bars are also opened for locals).
By the way, when will you go there?

kat44

Aug 26, 2004
Pomli said:
You don't have to pay for anything! Drinks, alcohols are all included as long as you wear the bracelet! :p! For the bars on the street, you will need to give them your room number each time that you are ordering something (it's for their internal check, as those bars are also opened for locals).
By the way, when will you go there?

Im going from March 19-26 2005! I just finished booking the trip and Im more than excited!! This resort sound soo fun and amazing...I cant wait to be able to write a review on it when I return home.

Pomli

Sep 17, 2004
kat44 said:
Im going from March 19-26 2005! I just finished booking the trip and Im more than excited!! This resort sound soo fun and amazing...I cant wait to be able to write a review on it when I return home.

Nice!!! I'm sure that you won't regret it! I spent a very good time over there and it was my first time in DR and in the South! And weird thing is I did not choose the destination, my travel agent did, and he did the right choice :p Try to enjoy every day the free drinks and the daily activities organized on the resort! And for the spectacle offered from 10-11hpm in the resort, they are entertaining ! My rep said that there won't be the same show each day, even if you stay for two weeks.
If you have other questions, don't hesitate :)
-Anna

kat44

Aug 26, 2004
Pomli said:
Nice!!! I'm sure that you won't regret it! I spent a very good time over there and it was my first time in DR and in the South! And weird thing is I did not choose the destination, my travel agent did, and he did the right choice :p Try to enjoy every day the free drinks and the daily activities organized on the resort! And for the spectacle offered from 10-11hpm in the resort, they are entertaining ! My rep said that there won't be the same show each day, even if you stay for two weeks.
If you have other questions, don't hesitate :)
-Anna

Hi Again
I only have one more queston and that is about any little market places to go to so i can bargain with the people...I enjoy that...I was also wondering if theres any place to get your hair braided besides the hair salon..thanks one again.
Kat

Pomli

Sep 17, 2004
kat44 said:
Hi Again
I only have one more queston and that is about any little market places to go to so i can bargain with the people...I enjoy that...I was also wondering if theres any place to get your hair braided besides the hair salon..thanks one again.
Kat

Hi there,
for bargaining, if you don't want to go that far, there's are little shops on the beaches at your extreme right (pass the gym) if you are facing the ocean, at the resort. There, there are lots of touristic stuff to buy.

If not, I heard that there is a big bargain place at Puerto Plata, like one hour from the hotel by car. I haven't tried it, but lots of people who works at the hotel recommend it. We wanted to go there, but I mixed up with Soshua (located before Puerto Plata), so we ended there. Soshua has lots of little shops and you can easily bargain! The time spent to go around the city did not let us to have much more time to try the nice warm beach ! There's a group of women near of the beach trying to get customers to braid their hair. I did mine for 300 pesos, my mom bargain it till that amount, and the lady wasn't very looking satisfied of it but did the job. I don't know how often they stick around.
To go to soshua or Puerto Plata, two choices:
the bus shuttle of the hotel for 300 pesos each person
or gua-gua, which will take more time before reaching those cities because it stops often, but price is very less expensive.

If you want to buy some ordinary clothes and really want to know the real price f the things, you can go to Nagua. There is a big commercial street but is not a touristic point of interest (so don't expect touristic stuff sold there). There, all stuff have a price indicated on. You can still bargain on, but just a little. I got 2 pairs of good jeans for about 11$Can each :p
To get there, we took the gua-gua, and it takes about 1h30 to get there for about 70 pesos each person. If you are uncertain how to get there, ask Jose Bono, a really nice guy who is working at the reception of the resort from 3h30pm-11h45pm. He lives in Nagua and can help you by showing you the place. Say hi from me if he still working :p Tell him that is Anna, the Chinese girl who knows speaking Spanish :) I'm sure he will recall hehe.
But if your Spanish is good, well it won't be a big problem and it will ease all things up!
Hope that help :)
- Anna

--> you're lucky to have someone giving you all these informations :p I did not have time to ask around, just have a nice book telling me what points of interest there are there :)

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
You will have the time of your life.....everything about the resort is fanatasic. The animation team is HOT and really entertaining, trust you'll be planning your next vactation before get back from that one..
kat44 said:

David Dempsey

Jul 3, 2004
What about in Rio San Juan???

What about in the town of Rio San Juan? Are there any good bars or dancehalls or restaurants?

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
David Dempsey said:
What about in the town of Rio San Juan? Are there any good bars or dancehalls or restaurants?

There are not too many discos. There are two that I know of - could be others. One is located in the Laguna Gri Gri - it was closed last time I was there in RSJ at the end of August.

The other is the Millienium Bar near the Caribe Tours Bus station on the main highway. I have never gone to this bar and have heard not so great things about it from the locals. It can be a very dangerous place.

There are a number of restaurants. Cheo's is a very nice place and excellent food - they are located across from the Codetel/Western Union office - the third left off the main road into RSJ from the highway.

There is what used to be called La Astria bar on the main street Duarte - it is called something else now but they get most of the tourist crowd.

There is a Pizzeria in front of the park that is very good - it's called Chef Pitiko. And there is always the small hotel in RSJ Bahia Blanca that has a decent menu.

Lots of other restaurants that serve local fare are on Calle Duarte and on the street in front of Laguna Gri Gri.