Rent a car in Santo Domingo (1 week)

DKano

Sep 4, 2004
I would like to rent a car in Santo Domingo (not too far from Jardines del Norte) for a week. Would like the car to be automatic, in good condition, have CD player, AC (air), that's it. Oh, and the price to be around $25-$40US per day. This is going to be from December 25 to January 1st. Gracias por cualquier ayuda.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Do not rent a car from Moto Rent a Car in Boca Chica. They took me for a ride a couple of years ago. The company is closed on Sundays and you have to leave the car with a shop next door. They'll claim there was damage to the car and charge a crazy amount to your credit card. This will be done when your back in the states. Good luck trying to get your money back.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I think there is a sponsored link to the airport rental places (National?) on DR1 isn't there? Warning: prepare to not have the car actually there when you arrive on December 25th if last December 25th is any indication when they had more "reservations" than actual cars.

IA70

Feb 25, 2004
Rent car in Santo Domingo

Try Payless Car rental on ave 27th Feb. They are located near the intersection of Lincoln & 27th. My wife recently rented car there at reasonable price. Good customer service. I think it was about $35US$/day.
Paul

DKano

Sep 4, 2004
Anyone have any experience with Advantage Rent a Car on Ave. Independencia # 506-A, Gazcue in Santo Domingo or Honda Rent a Car on Ave. John F. Kennedy Esq. Pepillo Salcedo? How are their prices and service? Also, I've looked at rentalcargroupdotcom and they have some ok prices for Alamo, but when I go to Alamo's website directly, the prices are sometimes a lot higher, don't want to use rentalcargroup to make the reservation and then end up having to pay a lot more when I go to Alamo in the Dom. Rep.!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DKano said:
I would like to rent a car in Santo Domingo (not too far from Jardines del Norte) for a week. Would like the car to be automatic, in good condition, have CD player, AC (air), that's it. Oh, and the price to be around $25-$40US per day. This is going to be from December 25 to January 1st. Gracias por cualquier ayuda.

Some rental places will not accept bookings for this period due to the massive demand and the fact that people multi book with companies.

I suggest you stick to a large reputable company (National, Avis, Alamo etc) and book early, that's if they allow you.