Luperon

Menno

Sep 21, 2004
Hello all,

We are traveling to Luperon this friday and can not get any info about the situation over there. The Receptionist at the hotel tells me that there is nothing going on and everything is fine.... But in Punta Cana (which is not far away) a lot of hotels are closed and damaged....

Can somebody plse send me some first hand info about the situation @ the luperon beach resort...

Thanks,

Menno

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Geography...

Menno said:
Hello all,

We are traveling to Luperon this friday and can not get any info about the situation over there. The Receptionist at the hotel tells me that there is nothing going on and everything is fine.... But in Punta Cana (which is not far away) a lot of hotels are closed and damaged....

Can somebody plse send me some first hand info about the situation @ the luperon beach resort...

Thanks,

Menno
Punta Cana is at approx. a 10 hour drive away from Luperon, and in opposite ends of the country.
As Punta Cana faces into the East, where most hurricanes come from, they can suffer greater damage than the western parts of the North coast that face into the North.
You really need not worry.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
no problems in Luper?n

Menno said:
Hello all,

We are traveling to Luperon this friday Menno
According to boats in the harbor, residents ashore and the operators of the telephone office there are no problems in Luper?n. Just landscaping, electric spottily out, and so on.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Menno said:
Hello all,

Thanks,

Menno

Luperon is not far away from where? Punta Cana? What island are you talking about, surely not the Dominican Republic? At least a 10 hour drive/ride... at the very least! Good luck, after all how big can an island be?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
DominicanScotty said:
Luperon is not far away from where? Punta Cana? What island are you talking about, surely not the Dominican Republic? At least a 10 hour drive/ride... at the very least! Good luck, after all how big can an island be?

She meant by supersonic jet, maybe.

Nov 5, 2004
Luperon is fine

Menno said:
Hello all,

Thanks,

Menno

Hi! Sorry I didnt join untill after you wanted to know this information, because I was in Luperon when you posted this. My fiance lives there, and I was actually in Luperon during the hurricane. The town of Luperon was basically fine, the resort had small problems with flooding, which were cleared up immediatly. But nothing major.
Luperon was actually one of the luckiest areas in regards to the hurricane. The west side of the island where the hurricane originally hit got it the worst out of Dominican..by the time it got to Luperon he had travelled over all of the land, and had slowed down. In fact by the time it got to Luperon, it wasnt much more then some high winds, and a fair amount of rain. Nothing too scarry thankfully, as this was the first hurricane I was ever in. Unfortunatly, after it past the Luperon area and moveed on into Haiti over 1,500 people were killed :cry:

The town of Luperon is a lovely little town, with such warm hearted and kind people. And the resort has a beatiful, fun, relaxing, friendly atmosphere as well...so thank goodness nothing there was damaged!!

The only draw back at the resort, was there were very high waves for a few days after the hurricane. Which actaully made it really fun for some boogie boarding, and boad surfing, but I did hear some vacationers complaine about this. (Although, I have come to realize some people do not go on their holiday to enjoy themselves, they go to find as many problems as they can!! :rolleyes: )