Russian Tutor

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
I have traveled to the Ukraine the past two years and will be going back again. I am looking for someone to teach me Russian just one day a week. I am only looking to learn the basics at this point. If anyone knows anyone interested, please let me know.

Mark
email: morlosky@peoplepc.com

franco

Nov 5, 2003
Mark,

Consulado Honorario de la Federacion de Rusia en la Repubica Dominicana

1(809)620-14-71 or -72.

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Franco,
Thanks for the contact. I am starting classes this week with someone from the consular office.

Mark

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Russian tutor

Where in Ukraine did you go???

I must say, being Russian myself, and hearing some people speak the language learning it from a phrase book, is a terrible idea. I think it goes for most of languages from my personal experience, and I speak 6 or 7 and can understand many others that are similar.
Marcus, you are doing it the right way by having a Russian tutor, just make sure it is a Russian person, not someone who learned the language in school.
I remember learning English in Russia through a Russian person and when I got to Canada I could not understand anyone:))))

I do not know of any Russians living in Sosua or the area, but Marco from Rocky's has a Russian friend:)) he might be able to assist you further.

And if it's a girl you are after going back to USSR:))) just be careful, we are wicked!!!!
Best of luck , you will need it!!!

kotamak

Sep 25, 2004
hi!

actually i'm writing yur from RUSSIA! :)
funny isn't it?! i'd like to help you but on-line or through e-mail!
russian is rather difficult language, but i'm sure you'll be able to learn the basic of it! so if you get interested just drop me a line - kotamak@mail.ru

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Sunnyvillas,

I have been to the Ukraine two times now. The first time I went to Kiev and Odessa. This time I went only to Odessa. I am not chasing any specific girl, but I will admit that they are both beautiful and 'wicked' as you described :)

I found a young girl that is teaching me the language. She is actually Dominican, but she was born and raised in Russia. She spoke Spanish in the home, but went to Russian schools since she was a child. She has been living in the DR for only three years now.

I would love to be able to one day go and live in Russia or the Ukraine to really learn the language. I think that is the only way to really grasp a language.

Thanks for your post.
Mark

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Kotamak,

Thanks for writing to this post all the way from Russia. Have you traveled or lived in the DR before?

I don't think I will need to send you any of my horrible Russian recordings now that I have a teacher. I thought it was going to be difficult finding an instructor, but the person that I spoke to from the Russian office had more than one number.

Please feel to contact me via email. I also have your email now, thanks.

Mark
morlosky@peoplepc.com

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Sunnyvillas,

I am still enjoying this phrase that you wrote:

"And if it's a girl you are after going back to USSR:))) just be careful, we are wicked!!!!
Best of luck , you will need it!!!"

I will have to save this one as a reminder :)))

Regards,
Mark

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Marcus said:
Sunnyvillas,

I have been to the Ukraine two times now. The first time I went to Kiev and Odessa. This time I went only to Odessa. I am not chasing any specific girl, but I will admit that they are both beautiful and 'wicked' as you described :)

I found a young girl that is teaching me the language. She is actually Dominican, but she was born and raised in Russia. She spoke Spanish in the home, but went to Russian schools since she was a child. She has been living in the DR for only three years now.

I would love to be able to one day go and live in Russia or the Ukraine to really learn the language. I think that is the only way to really grasp a language.

Thanks for your post.
Mark

This is really funny, I was born and raised in Odessa and still have family there. I just visited the home town last October , for the first time after 1975 , when I left. So many things changed and yet, so many hasn't , which really terrified me.

You are right, the women there are beautiful and wicked, and I am sure my husband will agree with it also ;) He is terrifyed of me every day .....

The Dominican girl , you are tlaking about, is she married to a fellow from Russia???? And you are right, the best way to learn the language is to live in the country and communicate with people, that's how I learned English, Italian and Spanish:))) Life is too short, enjoy it to the fullest while you can and do anything your heart tells you. Just be ware of girls from Odessa, you will loose your heart and your mind ;)

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
sunnyvillas said:
This is really funny, I was born and raised in Odessa and still have family there. I just visited the home town last October , for the first time after 1975 , when I left. So many things changed and yet, so many hasn't , which really terrified me.

You are right, the women there are beautiful and wicked, and I am sure my husband will agree with it also ;) He is terrifyed of me every day .....

The Dominican girl , you are tlaking about, is she married to a fellow from Russia???? And you are right, the best way to learn the language is to live in the country and communicate with people, that's how I learned English, Italian and Spanish:))) Life is too short, enjoy it to the fullest while you can and do anything your heart tells you. Just be ware of girls from Odessa, you will loose your heart and your mind ;)

That is great that you are from Odessa. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like for you to go back after all those years.

The Dominican girl that is teaching me Russian is not married. I believe she is only 17.

I have met quite a few Ukrainians and Russians over the past few years. It is a little difficult traveling to another country without speaking even a little bit of the language. That is one of the reasons I would like to at least learn the basics.

I have to 'beware' of the women from Odessa, huh. I think I understand what you are saying, or at least i hope so.....

Take care,
Mark
morlosky@peoplepc.com