Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Tutor

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Russian Tutor

I have traveled to the Ukraine the past two years and will be going back again. I am looking for someone to teach me Russian just one day a week. I am only looking to learn the basics at this point. If anyone knows anyone interested, please let me know.

Mark
    email: [email protected]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy an english-russian phrase book, I think you can find spanish-russian or spanish/english-ukranian also...

At amazon.com for example...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...12835?v=glance

And you can ask for a tutor at russian consulate in Santo Domingo.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried a Russian phrase book but realized I was pronouncing most of the words wrong since the alphabet is not as easy for english/spanish speakers.

I could not find the Russian Consulate here in DR.
    http://www.russianembassy.net/iservice.nsf/namerica

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Marcus; 09-21-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark,

Consulado Honorario de la Federacion de Rusia en la Repubica Dominicana

1(809)620-14-71 or -72.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Franco,
    Thanks for the contact. I am starting classes this week with someone from the consular office.

Mark

Blocked due to spamming
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Russian tutor

Where in Ukraine did you go???

I must say, being Russian myself, and hearing some people speak the language learning it from a phrase book, is a terrible idea. I think it goes for most of languages from my personal experience, and I speak 6 or 7 and can understand many others that are similar.
    Marcus, you are doing it the right way by having a Russian tutor, just make sure it is a Russian person, not someone who learned the language in school.
    I remember learning English in Russia through a Russian person and when I got to Canada I could not understand anyone:-))))

I do not know of any Russians living in Sosua or the area, but Marco from Rocky's has a Russian friend:-)) he might be able to assist you further.

And if it's a girl you are after going back to USSR:-))) just be careful, we are wicked!!!!
    Best of luck , you will need it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink hi!

actually i'm writing yur from RUSSIA!
    funny isn't it?! i'd like to help you but on-line or through e-mail!
    russian is rather difficult language, but i'm sure you'll be able to learn the basic of it! so if you get interested just drop me a line - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

it's me again i thought we could exchage sound files for example!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunnyvillas,

I have been to the Ukraine two times now. The first time I went to Kiev and Odessa. This time I went only to Odessa. I am not chasing any specific girl, but I will admit that they are both beautiful and 'wicked' as you described

I found a young girl that is teaching me the language. She is actually Dominican, but she was born and raised in Russia. She spoke Spanish in the home, but went to Russian schools since she was a child. She has been living in the DR for only three years now.

I would love to be able to one day go and live in Russia or the Ukraine to really learn the language. I think that is the only way to really grasp a language.

Thanks for your post.
    Mark

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Kotamak,

Thanks for writing to this post all the way from Russia. Have you traveled or lived in the DR before?

I don't think I will need to send you any of my horrible Russian recordings now that I have a teacher. I thought it was going to be difficult finding an instructor, but the person that I spoke to from the Russian office had more than one number.

Please feel to contact me via email. I also have your email now, thanks.

Mark
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast