Song

Cags

Sep 21, 2004
Hola everyone,

Just wondering if you can help me find a song that i can't get out of my head. I heard it on my holiday in the Dominican Republic in May, but i don't think that it is Merengue or Bachata. This is what the chorus goes a bit like: -

Que hora / llorar de de-de
Me gusta

and then it goes

Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um

Something a bit like that, i know it is very vague, but i hope that somebody can help, im not sure whether the words are right but thats what they sound a bit like.

JANET/NJ

Jun 21, 2004
OOOOOOkkkkkkkkkkk!

Do you have anything else we can go by, like what during what season, was it a slow or fast beat ect.?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Cags said:
Hola everyone,

Just wondering if you can help me find a song that i can't get out of my head. I heard it on my holiday in the Dominican Republic in May, but i don't think that it is Merengue or Bachata. This is what the chorus goes a bit like: -

Me gusta

and then it goes

Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um

Something a bit like that, i know it is very vague, but i hope that somebody can help, im not sure whether the words are right but thats what they sound a bit like.

You really got to be kidding?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Believe it or not...

Cags said:
Hola everyone,

Me gusta

and then it goes

Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um

Are you sure they don't say "Ahora"? It's a great song by Los Toros Band, on their newest CD, "Indentenibles". HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this CD, it's awesome, I can't stop listening to it! Hope that helps. E-mail me if you want me to send you the file.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
La vida es un carnaval

I think it's Celia Cruz - La vida es un carnaval

'Ahora' by the Toros has a very recognizable merengue beat and apparently it is no merengue song.

The instrumental bridge in between coros on 'La vida es un carnaval' is much like the
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
and there's something like 'no hay que llorar' in the words

Bartolomeo

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Bartolomeo67 said:

'Ahora' by the Toros has a very recognizable merengue beat and apparently it is no merengue song.

The instrumental bridge in between coros on 'La vida es un carnaval' is much like the
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um

Bartolomeo

Ay, no hay que llorar
Que la vida es un carnaval
Y es mas bello vivir cantando

Oh oh oh ay, no hay que llorar
Que la vida es un carnaval
Y las penas se van cantando

Hope this helps!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Well you folks are great because with that vague reference that was given I was stunned more like Janet's reaction. For those of you who know me it's very unusual for me not to recognize a song from the big 3 category: salsa, merengue, bachata. I hope you are right because I find it interesting how one says it's La vida es un caranval and the other Los Toros Band. That's a big contrast.

-Lesley D

PD. Trina it's nice to see you post again. Do you still want that merengue list?

Cags

Sep 21, 2004
Thanks for all of your help guys, that was the song i was looking for, sorry it was a bit vague, but they were the only bits that i could remember.

Thanks again

xxx

JANET/NJ

Jun 21, 2004
wow!

Bartolomeo67 said:

Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um
Um Um Um
Um Um-Um Um

Bartolomeo

i think you hit the jackpot..........i would of never thought about it.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Lesley D said:
Well you folks are great because with that vague reference that was given I was stunned more like Janet's reaction. For those of you who know me it's very unusual for me not to recognize a song from the big 3 category: salsa, merengue, bachata. I hope you are right because I find it interesting how one says it's La vida es un caranval and the other Los Toros Band. That's a big contrast.

-Lesley D

PD. Trina it's nice to see you post again. Do you still want that merengue list?

HI Lesley - sent you a PM

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
it could very easily be the reggeaton that goes, 'me gusta la gasoliiina' 'wison wison...; hay hay umm'.

:tired: