Eddy (inverter guy) new cell number in capital.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
For all of you folks who had PMed me for Eddy's (inverter guy) number in santo domingo, here is his new cell number: 304 5003. I had erased all the PMs so I forgot who was interested in talking to him, therefore, I am posting it in this thread. It so happens he has moved to another building and his old cell (orange) doesn't have any signal. His new number works fine.
In case some of you might be interested in knowing what this eddy guy is all about, so here it goes:
Eddy is a true Dominican engineer who speaks good english. He has been in inverter business for many years but unlike other folks, he has designed inverters for this country where we have all kinds of problems with lights (fluctuations etc). His recent inverter designs are very well suited for this country. In addition to good prices and cheap repairs (no imported parts from USA ex: trace) his inverters are almost burn proof. If you put a dead short at the output, the inverter will switch off instead of burning components. If you connect something heavy by mistake ex: iron, strong blowdryer or a toaster, the unit will turn off. No damage will occur to the circuit. His inverters charge batteries if the incoming voltage is between 80-120 volts. So the folks in sosua who live up the hill have nothing to worry about. I hear many folks only get 90 volts max in some locations. This is not enough for many brands of inverters to see it as line voltage thus don't charge up the batteries. If you do manage to burn it by mistake ex: ex: spill a large glass of coca cola on it, the unit will be repaired for a few hundred pesos.
I have 2 of his units for 5 years and never any problems. Just open up the units and see how professionaly all the work is done.
Call him and find out.
By the way, I have heard many good things about Mr. Mike's inverters and his service in santiago. Do give him a call and see what your needs are.
AZB