Canadian Thanksgiving!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Anyone interested in celebrating the Canadian Thanksgivng??? I'm pretty sure we can find a location for a great turkey dinner.... This would be
Monday October 11.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sign me in!!! And my friend Ginger Ale will join for sure! Where are you Planner? We are in Santo Domingo! ;)

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
planner said:
Anyone interested in celebrating the Canadian Thanksgivng??? I'm pretty sure we can find a location for a great turkey dinner.... This would be
Monday October 11.
Would have loved to attend , but flying out Monday, too bad it wasn't on a Sunday ! Anyway! have a great Thanksgiving !

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
planner said:
I am in PUerto Plata! Hope that doesn't pose a problem.....

Puerto Plata!! Problem?? mmm..yes a bit :cry: it's 4 hours away from us on a Monday night, on a working day... :nervous: Can't you come down to the Capital?? hahaha....sorry!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
next year?

Planner, I would love to attend, but will actually be in Canada for Thanksgiving, as timing would have it. Next year? hee.

Juanita... is that Canada Dry Ginger Ale? Just wondering, got a chuckle because I have always preferred this particular beverage with turkey dinner over wine. A childhood thing, I guess. Has to be Canada Dry.

And Wud, my Mom's birthday is the Sunday, she has great birthdays thanks to the holiday.

So do most wait for the Monday for the big bird? We always began on Sunday, and then the best part of all, leftovers.

Have fun all!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Juanita... is that Canada Dry Ginger Ale? Just wondering said:
;) Of course!!!! And can you believe we can buy it here in Santo Domingo in Supermercado Nacional!

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
...i'm really surprised with the canadians on this board.
i thought there were many of you.................don't you like to party?

i have always been told that canadians (and canada in general) are boring and do little in terms of 'fun'.....i have never wanted to believe this and now that i've seen many episodes of 'the trailer park boys', i know that for the "typical" canadian this is not true.

planner made a proposal and hasn't got much of a response.....if he was one of the dr1 lambones, i'm sure you'd all go......what a shame.

wait a minute........what's a canadian thanksgiving?

bochinche
not a canadian......and probably not invited
santo domingo

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Oh, Yeah?

Those are fightin' words.

bochinche said:
wait a minute........what's a canadian thanksgiving?

Probably a little like american 'football'. ;)

bochinche said:
not a canadian......and probably not invited
santo domingo

Don't be silly. Now that you've drawn attention to yourself, I'm dying to see you at a Canadian party-- but be careful of the beer, we run on heavy fuel. And good ole' Canada Dry Ginger Ale has many uses.

Right, Juanita?

'oops, sorry! god, I'm such a klutz. You're soaked.'

hee hee

Hey, what about the good ole' American bash? Sign up, man!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Canadian Thanksgiving.........Eh

Joanne at Sams Bar and Grill ( Puerto Plata) often has both Canadian and American Thanksgiving Dinner, I do not know about this year but I will check it out and report back! Its worth the price of admission around RD.$200.00 with all the trimings.

Gringo

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sams bar

Hey Gringo, thanks for letting me know about Sam's. Can you please let us know what they are offering and we can join in. IF not we will make arrangements.

Thanks Gregg, I am definately a SHE, no doubt about it.

Bochinche, of course you are invited!!!!! Everyone is invited, it isn't limited to Canadians. Just those who like Canadians, might like Canadians, could be convinced over a few drinks to like Canadians or who at the very least don't want to remove us from the planet....

Canadian Thanksgiving is......well, youwill just have to join us to find out....

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Canadian thanksgiving!!

It's not that Canadians don't like to party but I would suspect that right now there are not that many Canadians in the D.R. We are watching the maples and the sumacs turn red and the geese flying in formation from field to field. These are the things that make Canadian Thanksgiving a treat. It is the passing of the seasons.

Sorry I won't be there either but it sounds like a great idea!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
rendul said:
It's not that Canadians don't like to party but I would suspect that right now there are not that many Canadians in the D.R. We are watching the maples and the sumacs turn red and the geese flying in formation from field to field. These are the things that make Canadian Thanksgiving a treat. It is the passing of the seasons.

Sorry I won't be there either but it sounds like a great idea!!!

I remember all those leaves turning colour, but doesn't that mean is getting "shudder" COLD????? Okay, I agree with you, Thanksgiving is a time of year that I always remember as being awesome. Usually it involved indian summer, cool night, no mosquitos, baseball playoffs, great food and great company.

There are a number of us Canadians who live here year round. The snowbirds start coming down end of October and into November......

Maybe we should invite you to Canadian Christmas dinner???? I'm planning that one already too......

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Happy Thanksgiving

planner said:
Monday October 11.

A shout out to all my Canadians living the life that I never could!! I hope you guys have a fabulous Thanksgiving! ;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Since I never seem to get on the computer anymore, I will wish all my fellow Canadians a very Happy Thanksgiving as well, just in case I don't get back to the message board in time!!
Also, it is the opening of big game season on the Saturday (mosse & deer) so I will be out hunting for my biggest deer yet (10 pointer last year).
To answer someone's question, a lot of us always had out dinner on the Sunday so that Monday was a day of relaxation before going back to work on Tuesday! And yes, of course, to eat hot Turkey sandwiches the next day instead of cold Turkey sandwiches on your lunch hour!!
Have a good one!
Marlie