Power Outages

Chemtrans

Sep 23, 2004
I have read with interest the difficulties facing the government in paying the power companies present debt. I was wondering how the resorts deal with the blackouts. I just read on another sight that some areas had power for only 4 hours in the last 24. The discussion was how to keep refrigerator food safe and also what could be safely frozen. Just how do the resorts cope?? :confused:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Chemtrans said:
I have read with interest the difficulties facing the government in paying the power companies present debt. I was wondering how the resorts deal with the blackouts. I just read on another sight that some areas had power for only 4 hours in the last 24. The discussion was how to keep refrigerator food safe and also what could be safely frozen. Just how do the resorts cope?? :confused:

Some resorts draw their power from a private source, not the DR national grid, which is not subject to blackouts (because they are paid for the power they generate and they pay for the fuel they burn) or the resorts are self sufficient with standby diesel generators or both.

Gregg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chemtrans said:

I have yet to hear of a resort having a problem with power.
I'm sure some have had the odd short term blackout over the years, but this is VERY rare.

FireGuy sums it up nicely.