Hotel in Jarabacoa

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I am heading up to Jarabacoa (first time) for a weekend with my fiancee and wanted to see if I could get the name of a good, clean, quality hotel in the area. Didnt want to end up in a roach motel while the fiancee visits her family up there. Thanks in advance for the help.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I've stayed at the Hotel Pinar Dorado in the past, and it was fine. They don't have a website of their own, but you can check out its info at the following site:
http://www.firstcaribbeanhotels.com/app_en/details.php?hotel_id=62

Linamia & Betty1 were telling me not so long ago of another nice but little-known place they stayed in Jarabacoa in August, but I can't remember its name and in any case would not know how to contact it. Perhaps they can chime in here, or you could PM them.

Jarabacoa is one of my favorite places in the DR -- a different, beautiful non-beach side of the DR most tourists (sadly) never experience, with great vistas and very nice folks. I think you'll enjoy it!

Best Regards,
Keith

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There is also the Hotel Gran Jimenoa, which has a pool, restaurant. It is a little farther from the main part of town.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions guys! If anyone has any other suggestions, please keep them coming. Im a picky person when it comes to hotels and would like to "check out" as many as possible before settling in one for the weekend. Thanks again!

Apr 26, 2002
There aren't that many decent traditional hotels in Jarabacoa. The most popular hotel now is the Gran Jimenoa. The Brisas del Yaque is a newish hotel located near the center of town.

T

TiberiusMineola

Gran Jimenoa ! ! !

Your best bet.
I've visited Jarabacoa 8 - 10 - 12 times; stayed in 3 - 4 hotels; G J is US $25 - 30. / night, 1 or 2 persons. Small rooms; clean, hot water, A/C, cable TV; nice pool. All credit cards accepted; pleasant help; no English spoken?? Nice class of people as guests. Family type hotel, ie many small children. Secluded, remote location in farming area. Good to very good maintenance. Usually 50% - 75 % empty, esp. during the work week. Bordered by a powerful river; pleasant sound of rushing water.
Negatives: off the beaten track - @ 1/2 mile on a narrow dirt road; a car is essential; restaurant - very expensive - 10% service charge + 12% national tax. Sometimes noisy @ night; loud bachata, merengue. Mostly Doninican clientle.
Free Advice: avoid 3 & 4 day weekends; many wealthy & comfortable Dominicans take a long holiday weekend; the G J doubles the normal rates. Not worth the $. Very crowded during these weekends.