Antiguo Hotel Europa, Zona Colonial

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Is anyone familiar with this hotel that was recently inaugurated? Judging by the pictures I've seen, it looks very nice. It was remodeled and its opening made the social pages of Listin Diario. At the same time, at least for now, the prices are lower than Hotel Palacio's.

Just asking to see if someone reading this board has stayed there and could give us a review.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's very nice and so are the staff.

AZB and Larry stayed their last weekend on their visit to SD.
Ask them for their thoughts, maybe they might even post in this thread.

Hotel

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Yes, I stayed there 2 nights last week and was very impressed and pleased with the hotel. The rooms were beautiful amd immaculate and the staff was wonderfully friendly. There is a small breakfast included and internet access. It is also walking distance to several restaurants and bars/nightclubs. Out of all the hotels I have stayed in the country, this was the best one. I highly recommend it.
Larry

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Visited the hotel recently. Charming boutique antique style hotel. In Europe would cost a fortune to stay there. Lovely roof top restaurant. Note the authentic floors.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Thanks for your information. I think it will be nice to stay there at least for a couple of days. I usually prefer the budget hotels, but visiting Sto. Domingo for the first time, when I decide to go there, it would be a shame if I did not indulge in a least a small "luxury". Even if after a couple of days I transfer to a cheaper one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tell them your from DR1 and they might even give you a discount.
It's worth asking, you never know.

Let us know what the place was like after your stay.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Robert said:
Tell them your from DR1 and they might even give you a discount.
It's worth asking, you never know.

Let us know what the place was like after your stay.

I"ll keep it in mind.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Situated in zona colonial. Walking distance from bars and small discos. Very close to some fine tourists restaurants in the area.
The rooms are clean and decent sized, A/c is strong, plus you get cable tv. The bathrooms are clean have hot running water and even come with a bathroom gown.
The whole hotel is centrally airconditioned so you can have a nice chat with your guests in the lobby without sweating.
I highly recommend it.
AZB