riu hotels

podg22

Jun 2, 2004
i am going to the dr on the 6th of october and was told by my travel agent that the airport has been reopened and that i would still be able to go. I was wondering if anyone new if the riu bambu hotel was ok or whether i should change resorts thanks :cry:

bobbie4572

Sep 16, 2004
Riu resorts in Punta Cana

Here is the email I just received from the RIU complex.

Today all the Riu Hotels are working. In the hotel Riu Naiboa, today we have still no lift and no Tv cable. But everything else is working.
At the entrance of the complex there still is a little still water but it will surely be gone in a few days.

Best regards,

Hotel Riu Naiboa

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Actually,

Riu Bambu is in Punta Cana in a complex with Riu Taino, Riu Meleo, Riu Naiboa and Riu Palace Macao.

The Rius in the Puerto Plata/Maimon area are Riu Mambo, Riu Merengue and Riu Bachata.

All Rius in both areas are up and running at virtually full tilt. The biggest problem in PUJ was access due to flooded roads but that continues to recede.

The airports in both POP and PUJ are open.

Gregg

gmoyer17

Aug 25, 2004
Riu Resorts

My travel agent just spoke with the Rius. They are fine. They are getting supplies fine. Apple Vacations, however, does not feel the area is "ready" for clients and has cancelled all trips until 10-1.