Air Transat - Grrr........

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
Air transat ? Grrrrr?..

Hi

I just got a phone call from my travel agent and was told that Air transat has decided to cancel the flight to Punta Cana from Mirabel on Sunday September 26, AGAIN. This trip was already postponed from last week. We were due to leave last week and were able to get it postponed instead of just getting a credit.

We were in Mirabel last Saturday when we got a call from Melanie our travel agent telling us that the trip was cancelled due to hurricane Jeanne, that was sorta of OK. Mirabel is a 2 hour drive from our home. So last week my husband and I had to go back to work needles to say.

Air transat was saying ?you have to book a trip taken before April 1, 2005 ? NO REFUNDS.

I just wish that if Air transat decides to cancel, they should just give you your back your money and let people make other plans. I really don?t understand what is the problem, if you can?t deliver what you sell just give the darn money back?

So now I?m wondering has this happened to any body else? The reason they are giving now is: they feel the road access to some resorts is not up to par and all around everything is not 100%.

I just want my money back, but i am feeling held at ransom. :cry:

Is this happening to anybody else out there?

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
give them a break. they're a good charter airline. they're in a difficult position. giving back all the money to all the people affected would be disastrous to their bottom line. rebook and enjoy yourself. sh-t happens. be happy.

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
Jasper said:
give them a break. they're a good charter airline. they're in a difficult position. giving back all the money to all the people affected would be disastrous to their bottom line. rebook and enjoy yourself. sh-t happens. be happy.

Well i agree to a certain point, but i've been told that i can book to go to Puerto Plata with a stop over in Punta Cana.... and if my resort is ok what's the problem with me going on my scheduled vacation?? I don't want my money back and by the way they say i can go next Sunday but it will cost $400 more each- if other hotels have problems that is not my problem... i know sh-t happens. It's all about money and not people as i've had to modify my life twice in 2 weeks... and nobody is paying for that except, ME.

I believe that it is a $$ thing :bandit:

marko

Sep 24, 2004
Hey Jasper,

How would giving a refund be disastrous to their bottom line?

Their expenditure would be zero at that point. I'm not trying to cause an argument here. I am just trying to understand. Not many people can reschedule time off so easily.

I am grateful that Air Transat is an option because I probably couldn't afford to go otherwise.

Sh-t happens as you say but they dump 100% of their sh-t on their customers it would seem. :cry:

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
their conditions with the ticket cover their backside. i don't know if cancellation insurance covers it so that you can get a refund, but they want to keep your money. raise enough crap at the right level and they'll make it right.

debj41

Sep 19, 2004
d3ratch said:
Air transat ? Grrrrr?..

Hi

I just got a phone call from my travel agent and was told that Air transat has decided to cancel the flight to Punta Cana from Mirabel on Sunday September 26, AGAIN. This trip was already postponed from last week. We were due to leave last week and were able to get it postponed instead of just getting a credit.

We were in Mirabel last Saturday when we got a call from Melanie our travel agent telling us that the trip was cancelled due to hurricane Jeanne, that was sorta of OK. Mirabel is a 2 hour drive from our home. So last week my husband and I had to go back to work needles to say.

Air transat was saying ?you have to book a trip taken before April 1, 2005 ? NO REFUNDS.

I just wish that if Air transat decides to cancel, they should just give you your back your money and let people make other plans. I really don?t understand what is the problem, if you can?t deliver what you sell just give the darn money back?

So now I?m wondering has this happened to any body else? The reason they are giving now is: they feel the road access to some resorts is not up to par and all around everything is not 100%.

I just want my money back, but i am feeling held at ransom. :cry:

Is this happening to anybody else out there?

We were booked with AT for Secrets Excellence, and due to the uncertainty of the resort even opening for awhile, last week, we had our travel agent go to bat for us. We too had tickets to Punta Cana (Oct 3), but we had our agent fax numerous exerpts from this site, and some photos to AT in Montreal, and they came through with flying colours by accepting our suggestion that we be moved to the Secrets resort in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico. The did this with a smile. So we are off to Mexico instead.

Would like to go to PC sometime, but that will wait until later.

Good luck.

green

Sep 20, 2004
transat...

debj41 said:
We were booked with AT for Secrets Excellence, and due to the uncertainty of the resort even opening for awhile, last week, we had our travel agent go to bat for us. We too had tickets to Punta Cana (Oct 3), but we had our agent fax numerous exerpts from this site, and some photos to AT in Montreal, and they came through with flying colours by accepting our suggestion that we be moved to the Secrets resort in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico. The did this with a smile. So we are off to Mexico instead.

Would like to go to PC sometime, but that will wait until later.

Good luck.

Transat cancelled my toronto to punta cana flight yest...giving us about 36 hours hours notice. we didn't even receive a phone call..if we had we could have booked something for today, now my fiance ( yes..our wedding has been cancelled) and I both lose our vacation time from work and are stuck with Transat vouchers to be used during high season(+++$$$$$). lovely.

You bet that when they open their offices on monday morning i will be yelling for a 100% refund!! will keep you posted on the status .

daisybelle

Sep 12, 2004
My World of Vacations holiday was cancelled last week and the carrier was Air Transat. We were given less than 24hrs notice and two of my friends opted to go on to Cuba that day while two of us will use our vouchers in the future. I saw pictures of the bridge that was washed out so completely understand not being able to go and they have generously offered to no additional charges for our future trip.