living in Boca Chica

redhead

Sep 24, 2004
I will soon be relocating to Boca Chica from Florida. Can anyone give me an idea of safe, clean affordable apartments or guest houses to rent year round.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not A Huge Choice

You don't see all that many people actually picking Boca Chica (more per hour, day, week, etc.) but the non AI hotels that have kitchenette suites will rent them out monthly and that is about the best choice in the sort of US$900 a month range all in with utilities, bable, maid service etc., unless you are looking for $200 a month or something crazy cheap in which case I can't imagine there's anything safe or clean or with water.

The oddly named Palm Beach property behind the Costalunga didn't sell out AFAIK and rents monthly - those are very new condos with a pool and gated access , and the huge Vatican building nearby (you'll know it when you see it) is condo's with some sort of guaranteed income scheme but it isn't done yet.

Rent may be proportional to the number of statues on the roof of naked people- they are up to about 16 now, if they add more you may have to pay more - act early.

Also there are apartments on the north side of the highway and if you check www.bocachicabeach.net under non AI hotels you'll see quite a few to at least inquire about.

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
redhead said:
I will soon be relocating to Boca Chica from Florida. Can anyone give me an idea of safe, clean affordable apartments or guest houses to rent year round.
I go to bc every 3 months. one apartment place where i stay i s very secure and clean. it is right behind la criolla and acroos the street from th police station. i'll be there oct 5-13. it is owned by an italian friend of mine named jacamin. for a week it is 30 a night. however i'm sire there is a diff for long term. there is one guy that has lived there for 5 yrs and has his own a/c. the name of the place is condo carla. he has a generator, so power is no big problem. if you want to post your email to me or phone i will fill you in on more. especially if you don't speak much spanish and i can give you my friends cell or jacamins. there are other apts. to check out for less, but lots of time are not available for yr round. i from st pete fl winds of jeanne are picking up. sure pity the people in the middle of fl. hope your not one of them.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Why Boca Chica??

redhead said:

Why do you want to relocate to BC, of all the godforsaken places in the DR?
Have you been to BC??
Have you been anywhere else in the DR??

redhead

Sep 24, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Why do you want to relocate to BC, of all the godforsaken places in the DR?
Have you been to BC??
Have you been anywhere else in the DR??
Yes, I have been there 8 times over the last 7 years - on church mission trips. I will be the administrator of an elderly care center in bc. I have seen lots of fancy places ( which I will go to for vacations) but I prefer to go where the need is.

redhead said:
Yes, I have been there 8 times over the last 7 years - on church mission trips. I will be the administrator of an elderly care center in bc. I have seen lots of fancy places ( which I will go to for vacations) but I prefer to go where the need is.
Well the people of Saddam and Gamora do need the help ;) Good luck onyour mission
Badpiece

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
good luck

redhead said:

OK!!
That's a good cause, good luck to you.

PS. Don't go preaching to our local p*tas, we like 'em just the way they are! lol :laugh:

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
redhead said:
Yes, I have been there 8 times over the last 7 years - on church mission trips.

That sentence triggered a memory. I stayed at the Meson Isabela last April and one of the other guests was an American missionary. She said she spends a few weeks there to relax each year.

Our rooms were reasonably priced and the place is probably the most tranquil spot in Boca Chica. Located just east of the Hamaca, Neptuno's, etc.

Their website is http://www.mesonisabela.com/

Good luck!

Swede

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
Bc Ct Sa?

What make Cabarette and Sosua different from Bocachica? Now a good thing about bocachica is that is one or maybe the best swimming spot in DR. Is like a big swimming pool in the atlantic.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Where?

badpiece33 said:
Well the people of Saddam and Gamora do need the help ;) Good luck onyour mission
Badpiece

The people of where? Saddam was a dictator and I think Gamora was one of the creatures in the old Japanese Godzilla flicks.

Sodom and Gomorrah, perhaps.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
badpiece33 said:
Guess I violated rule #1 Don't post while on the sauce :(
Badpiece

Or while partaking of the famous activities in those locations. Hard to type and do that anyway.

redhead

Sep 24, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Or while partaking of the famous activities in those locations. Hard to type and do that anyway.
So tell me - just WHAT are the activities of this location? What am I getting myself in for. Oh, by the way - I am not a preacher! Just here to help those who need it. That is what medical people do. ;)

CoolRoi

Jul 16, 2004
Too Funny

Ricardo900 said:
OK!!
That's a good cause, good luck to you.

PS. Don't go preaching to our local p*tas, we like 'em just the way they are! lol :laugh:

:laugh:

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
help is on the way...

redhead said:
So tell me - just WHAT are the activities of this location? What am I getting myself in for. Oh, by the way - I am not a preacher! Just here to help those who need it. That is what medical people do. ;)

Good! the local BC folks (specially the hoochies) can surely use some free medical advise, and perhaps, just
perhaps a lil' bit of penicilina...
:confused:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Hahahaha

Kaizen68 said:
Good! the local BC folks (specially the hoochies) can surely use some free medical advise, and perhaps, just
perhaps a lil' bit of penicilina...
:confused:
You got that right!! :laugh:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
redhead said:

They call it "The Gringo Brothel" they come from all over to partake and the word is constantly spreading. The locals come from around the area to help relieve the gringos of their heavy overburden WALLETS!! PUNTO!