Anyone back from the Melia since the Hurricane

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
caribbean_bride said:
I would LOVE to hear from (maybe even see photos) of someone that has been to the Melia Caribe since the Hurricane.

No Sorry. The resorts are practically isolated. No access to the City or resorts, im not even sure if the airport is open, no cars are able to go the city or resorts because the river took down the bridges that give access.

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
Melia

caribbean_bride said:
I would LOVE to hear from (maybe even see photos) of someone that has been to the Melia Caribe since the Hurricane.

There just isn't enough feedback to satisfy me...sorry.

I hear it's open and operating as usual... Sounded pretty busy over the phone.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
A road to Higuey via El Seibo has been opened up, so supplies can now get through. Previously the hotels had to source from within the area.

Most tourists who visit Melia fly in to the Punta Cana International Airport. From there it is about a 20 minute road trip to the Melia.

There may be still some difficulty with some of the excursions, but for those seeking an idyllic rest and relaxation style vacation, the Melia Caribe Tropical is pulling through with flying colors.

stolz

Sep 22, 2004
This is the problem I have with this board. Lots of people saying stuff, but nobody who really knows anything. The first poster asked if anyone had been to the resort. One person says"no I hear you can't even get to the resort", someone else says "I heard everything is fine," and then there are those of us thousands of miles away, just trying to figure out if we are being conned into spending $2,000 on a big waste of time. Has anyone actually been to one of these resorts in punta cana and willing to share the conditions with the rest of us? Just when I start trusting what the resorts are saying, I read somewhere else how flights are being canceled and the ocean water is contaminated. Certainly someone has been to punta cana post-hurricane by now. Maybe I just missed the right post. Thanks in advance.

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
melia

stolz said:
This is the problem I have with this board. Lots of people saying stuff, but nobody who really knows anything. The first poster asked if anyone had been to the resort. One person says"no I hear you can't even get to the resort", someone else says "I heard everything is fine," and then there are those of us thousands of miles away, just trying to figure out if we are being conned into spending $2,000 on a big waste of time. Has anyone actually been to one of these resorts in punta cana and willing to share the conditions with the rest of us? Just when I start trusting what the resorts are saying, I read somewhere else how flights are being canceled and the ocean water is contaminated. Certainly someone has been to punta cana post-hurricane by now. Maybe I just missed the right post. Thanks in advance.

I am right with ya stolz. So much different information that it is hard to know what is really true. Glad to hear someone actually from a resort in PC. Hopefully we will start to hear from more people. Of course, I am specifically looking for people who just got back from the Melia or are there now. But it is good to hear from anyone.

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
caribbean_bride said:
I am right with ya stolz. So much different information that it is hard to know what is really true. Glad to hear someone actually from a resort in PC. Hopefully we will start to hear from more people. Of course, I am specifically looking for people who just got back from the Melia or are there now. But it is good to hear from anyone.

I just got off the phone with the marketing director at the Melia Caribe Tropical. He says they have not closed at all. The only damage from the storm was to some trees and other vegetation. They are open and operating at 100%. They have had electricity the whole time. No problems with food or beverage. Their phone number is 809 221 1290.

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
Melia

angie.k.s said:
I just got off the phone with the marketing director at the Melia Caribe Tropical. He says they have not closed at all. The only damage from the storm was to some trees and other vegetation. They are open and operating at 100%. They have had electricity the whole time. No problems with food or beverage. Their phone number is 809 221 1290.

Thanks!