Travel between Jarabacoa and Rio San Juan

snails3

Apr 12, 2004
I recently moved to Jarabacoa, which I love, but I still want to hit the beach in Rio San Juan as much as possible. I know that I can take Caribe Tours as far as Sosua, what do I do from there? Last time I took a taxi from Sosua to Rio San Juan and it was way too expensive. Is there a cheaper way?
Also, how is the beach in Sosua and how do I get there from the Caribe Tours station? Is the beach in Sosua better than Puerta Plata? Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Jarabacoa to Sosua, Sosua to Rio San Juan?

Thanks!

Not sure how the busses run but If you were to drive I would suggest coming from Jarabacoa down to La vega make the left onto the HWY get off at Moca and take the road thru Jamao up to North coast then make a right once you hit the North coast go thru Gaspar Hernandez then Rio San Juan is your next town over.
Badpiece

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
take bus to Sosua

Then the more local buses to R?o San Juan.

Question: Why R?o San Juan?

Tghere are dozens of beaches that are easier to get to. A beach is a beach. Now if it were someone in Rio San Juan, that would be a different story.

HB :D:D

snails3

Apr 12, 2004
A beach is not just a beach. Rio San Juan has, in my opinion, the best beaches on the island. Besides, I have friends there who let me crash at their house. :classic: So i don't have to pay for hotels.