Christmas in DR

jrj

Sep 26, 2004
Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to the DR in December, arriving Dec. 26 and staying for New Years. Because I haven't booked the trip yet, does anyone have any suggestions on what part of the island would be a good place to stay? We are a couple in our late 20's and are looking for some nightlife, good beaches, and an all inclusive resort. The trip is meant as more of a getaway and not so much as a sight-seeing trip.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

kristine2378

Sep 18, 2004
well most of the places r booked in punta cana
i am booked for dec 29 thru the jan5
it will run u about 1800 or more per person
i think the captial has more clubs though

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
kristine2378 said:
i think the captial has more clubs though

Capital has many clubs indeed but try to get to one on New Year's Eve if you don't have your own transport!
Last New Year's Eve we first had dinner at friends house in the Cristo Rey part of SD. After watching New Year all around the world on TV, we wanted to go to a club but it was simply impossible to get a taxi. All local taxi companies were booked full for hours or simply did not take up the phone anymore. On top of that, locals make a sport of lighting huge campfires in the middle of the streets, blocking all traffic. There is also a massive live-music party all night long at the Obelisk on the Malecon but you don't want to get into that drinking crowd as a tourist.
Moral of the story: New Year's Eve in the capital: go out early to a place where you can stay all night long having dinner and party.
Bartolomeo

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
Christmas and New Years in DR.

If you planning to spend Christams and New Year Eve in DR my best adviste to those lucky folks out there is this:
Avoid riding or driving car after dark. Get to the place you going early and by all mean try to stay where you at overnight. Avoid contact with the local police and unknown local national at night. They know is a lot of people vacationing and they can try to get money off you.

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Go to Cabarete

All that you want you get it in Cabarete.

The best night life available at DR is on Cabarete. You can book on Azzurro Hotel if you want an all inclusive. In the case you change your mind and want to try eating out you can book on Magnifico Hotel and eat on any of the surrounding restaurants. You don't have to drive a car when at Cabarete because everything is near.

I'm also on my late 20's and my plan is to be in Cabarete for Christmas. If you need any addtnl info just pm me or write a reply.

Good luck!!!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I couldn't agree more.....

gatoazul said:

The best night life available at DR is on Cabarete. You can book on Azzurro Hotel if you want an all inclusive. In the case you change your mind and want to try eating out you can book on Magnifico Hotel and eat on any of the surrounding restaurants. You don't have to drive a car when at Cabarete because everything is near.

I'm also on my late 20's and my plan is to be in Cabarete for Christmas. If you need any addtnl info just pm me or write a reply.

Good luck!!!

........my wife and I spent last New Years eve on the beach in Cabarete and had a ball. We're definately doing it again this year. My suggestion? Forget the AI. Cabarete is full of great little places to stay and the village has loads of great little bars and restaurants. Look us up when you get down there, we'll show you around.

chconkl

Sep 23, 2004
I'm going to be in Las Terrenas for New Year's with a group of people. What's it like there for the holiday?

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
chconkl said:
I'm going to be in Las Terrenas for New Year's with a group of people. What's it like there for the holiday?

As far as I know the nights are great in Las Terrenas. I've been there only by day so I hope somebody with more knowledge makes an opinion useful for you.

In any case you'll be with your friends, so any place will be great.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
jrj said:
Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to the DR in December, arriving Dec. 26 and staying for New Years. Because I haven't booked the trip yet, does anyone have any suggestions on what part of the island would be a good place to stay? We are a couple in our late 20's and are looking for some nightlife, good beaches, and an all inclusive resort. The trip is meant as more of a getaway and not so much as a sight-seeing trip.

Caberete ROCKS! Its packed with tourists everywhere.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
gatoazul said:

Good luck!!!

I saw Magnifico and the best value would be the stio for $55 a night per couple.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
jrj said:
Hi all,

Hi there,

First of all I have to agree with Gatoazul , that Cabarete is the best choice for you, if you are in your 20's and want to party and yes Magnifico is fantastic place, but it's all sold out and has been for months now, as I book the property all the time.

If you still want something nice on the beach of Cabarete do not wait a minute longer If you need more help, just let me know and I would be glad to check couple of proeprties, that we still have left for Christmas and New Years.

This has been the busiest year I have seen for DR and Jamaica bookings for Christmas season, in all honesty.
Best of luck

caribegal

Aug 20, 2004
Hotel at Playa Laguna

jrj said:
Hi all,

Hello! There are still rooms available at Hotel Playa Laguna - located between Sosua and Cabarete. They have a wonderful restaurant, bar and location, with a private beach. Each room is unique! The Christmas and New Year's celebrations at the hotel are fantastic! If you are interested call them at 571-3375.

Sharon

Jul 27, 2004
Fantastic Villa

jrj said:
Hi all,

We have a fantastic villa in Sosua that will be vacant over the xmas holidays...private the works. If you're interested, email me at jazzman980@yahoo.com.