Osama in SD???

mk-ultra

Sep 13, 2004
does anyone know about a neighborhood to the east of SD called Sanchez Osama? i was told its nice there and inexpensive. i'm looking to possibly live in DR. one option is bavaro. the other would be near SD but not in SD.

if not sanchez osama, any recommendations for a quiet neighborhood just outside SD?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ensanche Ozama is the name you are after. I can't comment on what it's like though.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Phew! I thought you had a link to some news saying the Osama (the impersenator of the devil) was in the DR. Thank God its something else!

Anyways, you can live in inner city neighborhoods that are rather quiet.

Try Bella Vista or Los Cacigascos (where I live). It's very quiet except along the main avenues (but that is expected of main streets). Plus, the area is close to the huge Parque Mirador which is just wonderful for jogging, walking, or just people watching. The area is very nice, pretty affluent, and because its within the capital, everything is within reach.

That's one mistery of this metropolis. There are neighborhoods that if you look at them on a map are smacked in the center of the city and you expect them to be busy and noisy and such. Then you go there and bam, its the complete opposite, that is until you reach the main avenues. You should spend some extra time checking the capital out so that you can get a feeling of the city and its neighborhoods. With 300 neighborhoods, one of these got to make you feel good enough to become your home.

Also, the Malecon is a very nice area to have an apartment. Depending on the height of the apartment, you will get priceless seaviews and sunrises and sunsets, its just a wonderful experience to live in the Malecon. I have a friend who lives in a Penthouse near the malecon and the views are awesome.

BTW, you can get nice sea views from most highrise apartments in the city.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
mk-ultra said:
does anyone know about a neighborhood to the east of SD called Sanchez Osama? i was told its nice there and inexpensive. i'm looking to possibly live in DR. one option is bavaro. the other would be near SD but not in SD.

if not sanchez osama, any recommendations for a quiet neighborhood just outside SD?

As a foreigner I would stay away from Sanchez Ozama. First because it is on the other side of the bridge which means "major" traffic jams to get in and out at all hours. I wouldn't say either that it is a "nice" neighborhood, many ?tigres? there. So in my opinion, try to stay on this side of the bridge; safer and closer to all facilities. ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Pib said:
Ensanche, ensanche, as in development or neighborhood. Ozama is the river that splits Santo Domingo in two.

Sorry for the ?Ensanche?...that is the neighborhood I was talking about. Had a boyfriend there who used to chase the thieves off his roof on a daily basis. Just doesn?t sound like a great neighborhood to me!! :bandit:

mk-ultra

Sep 13, 2004
ok. thanks for the info everyone. still doing loads of research everyday and night.

peace

AQUACHEM11

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 12, 2004
renting

mk-ultra said:

i own a house in a gated community in arroyo hondo near the capital if interested letme know