Question for Trade Winds residents

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm shopping for a moderately priced condo, and the Trade Winds seems perfect for my current situation. Would anyone care to express an opinion about the place? How is the noise from the highway and from the bar behind the carwash? I'm currently renting in Villas Ana Maria and the music at 3 am is a bit much for me. Aside from that, the neighborhood is great, and the Trade Winds seems just about right. Thanks - D

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Noise

Danny W said:
I'm shopping for a moderately priced condo, and the Trade Winds seems perfect for my current situation. Would anyone care to express an opinion about the place? How is the noise from the highway and from the bar behind the carwash? I'm currently renting in Villas Ana Maria and the music at 3 am is a bit much for me. Aside from that, the neighborhood is great, and the Trade Winds seems just about right. Thanks - D
I have heard the car wash from my condo, which is in the building closest to it, but I have AC and it's not a problem.
I consider it quite quiet, but the occasional Saturday night live band might bother you if you have the windows open.
Best way to find out is to pop on by there in the mid-evening and listen for yourself.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Stayed there once for 2 weeks while shopping for a house. The complex is OK, nice pool. Noise was the big inconvenience for us. I could hear the car wash just about every night but it was mostly the moto conchos until 4AM that bothered me. Keep in mind this was 2.5 yrs ago. It may have changed. The condo I stayed at was on the 3rd floor.

I guess it all depends on how you define noisy. Good luck in finding a place to call home.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Tradewinds/The Palms distance to IIC

We've been looking at a couple of rental units in Tradewinds and the Palms for when we come back next summer. I have been to Sosua before but am not too familiar with distances. Does anyone know how far the condo's are from the Instituto Intercultural del Caribe? Also if not in walking distance are motoconcho's or other (cheap) means of transportation readily available?

Cheers,

Dawn

PS. Also if anyone knows of any other cheap (but clean and comfortable) accomodations in Sosua.. looking for a 2 bedroom appartment or suite or condo somewhere between 500-900 (preferably on the lower end) a month.. for next July/August/Sept..

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
I have been to Sosua before but am not too familiar with distances. Does anyone know how far the condo's are from the Instituto Intercultural del Caribe? Also if not in walking distance are motoconcho's or other (cheap) means of transportation readily available?

It`s no walking distance.
There are motoconchos around, but I don`t know about the availability in the morning (assuming Your lessons start at 9 :00)

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Hola Stefan,

Como te va mi amigo?!

I hope you're classes are coming along well. As you can see we are going ahead with our plans to study spanish at the IIC next summer. Likely just stay in Sosua and maybe check out Santo Domingo for a weekend trip (maybe?).

Anyways.. you wouldn't know of any accomodations with two bedrooms around the school area eh? I've been trying to find even just appartements online but with little success. Where did you end up staying? Are you still there?

Take care,

Dawn aka Alba

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Gracias, estoy muy bien,

Hi, Dawn,

Having had the basic lessons in SD, I was looking around there about accomodations and came to the conclusion that, if I would stay there for longer, it should be Zona Universitaria, Gazcue or Ciudad Nueva.

I did not attend school in Sosua, just had some fun, stayed at Rockys for some nights and then moved to Apts. "Club Residencial" on Pedro Clisante. Very nice and clean, a bit noisy towards the street. Not that cheap even for 1 bedroom.
Looking around I found " Il Neptuno" Apts. not far from school, seems to be ideal location. I was shown 2/3 Bedroom Apts. I think, ESCOTT can give You more info.
Also check at
http://www.imodom.com/dominican-holliday-immobilien/Enlisch/index_engl.htm

You`d perhaps open another thread, including the schools location, it seems widely unknown by the expats.

At the moment a have things to do in Germany, will be back as soon as possible.

Greetings

Stephan

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Might try Caribe Campo

Just follow the street past the Trade Winds around the bend. Quiet and great pool and lots for rent and buy. Renalto and Ynes are the owners and next month will be living there themseleves. Guarded security and no motor conchos!! But, if a live band at the car wash bothers you then get a unit facing away from the pool. From cheap to expensive (penthouses). If you go cheap check the ceilings for water leaks (this is the DR, right).

Singletravel

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Thank you

Thank you both for the posts. I have emailed both places and hope to get a response.

Thanks again,

Dawn

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
fwiw ....

I left last week and all phones were still down (means internet too), so don't expect a quick reply (Trade Winds too)

singletravel

CanadianCutie22 said:
Thank you both for the posts. I have emailed both places and hope to get a response.

Thanks again,

Dawn
;)

ronthelimey

Nov 14, 2004
www.sosuatradewinds.com
Tradewinds The Palms

Hi ,
we have owned a unit at Tradewinds for the last 5 years and we bought a 2 bedroom at the Palms last year.
Tradewinds is well maintained has a great pool and nice garden, we have never had a problem with the noise, it was a problem when the disco near the Gym was open.
There are a lot of owners at Tradewinds that have been there for years and so there is a core group that helps maintain a nice ballanced atmosphere.
The Palms was converted to condos last year and is starting to develop it's own character, nice pool good staff and some great owners from all over the world.
Both places are worth a visit.
Ron

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ronthelimey said:
Hi ,
we have owned a unit at Tradewinds for the last 5 years and we bought a 2 bedroom at the Palms last year.
Tradewinds is well maintained has a great pool and nice garden, we have never had a problem with the noise, it was a problem when the disco near the Gym was open.
There are a lot of owners at Tradewinds that have been there for years and so there is a core group that helps maintain a nice ballanced atmosphere.
The Palms was converted to condos last year and is starting to develop it's own character, nice pool good staff and some great owners from all over the world.
Both places are worth a visit.
Ron
Speaking of the disco, there seems to work going on there. What is up?