Non-US Airlines flying from Santo Domingo to NYC

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
I am an American living here in Santo Domingo without a Residence Visa at the moment and I need to go to NYC for a week. If I fly a US airline I need to buy it with the final destination to the US. I need a roundtrip from Santo Domingo to NYC. What Dominican or other International airlines fly from Santo Domingo to NYC and how can I contact them?

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
creativeliza said:
I am an American living here in Santo Domingo without a Residence Visa at the moment and I need to go to NYC for a week. If I fly a US airline I need to buy it with the final destination to the US. I need a roundtrip from Santo Domingo to NYC. What Dominican or other International airlines fly from Santo Domingo to NYC and how can I contact them?

Never have known of any problem buying SDQ/New York NJ on American from DR offices?

A>

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
The issue is that as an American without a resident visa, I can buy a roundtrip ticket here from American Airlines BUT when I try to return to the DR, the U.S. airlines require I buy a one-way ticket back to the U.S. because it's illegal for a U.S. citizen to have the ticket end in another country. But, if I fly an airline operated from another country I do not have this restriction.

So once again, does anyone have information on airlines other than U.S. ones that fly from SDQ to NYC???

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
This is a suprise to me. I'm a US citizen and I flew from Santo Domingo to Grand Cayman through Miami and then back to Santo Domingo through Miami without a problem.

If you are flying a non-US airline it's not an issue. Or, if the airline overlooks the rule. But, I was recently forced to buy a one-way, which I later refunded, by American Airlines. I would just like to avoid that. I really just need the names and numbers of other airlines if people have them. None of the information online is current.

Apr 26, 2002
There are none that fly nonstop anymore, unless you want to buy multiple tickets on different airlines and connecting in various places. And I'm totally unfamiliar with the law to which you refer, having, I guess, violated it so many times with American Airlines my co-conspirator.

I'm guessing that you buy your tickets from Dominican travel agencies who advise you on these things.

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
DR Airlines??

What about Aero Continente and Air Santo Domingo? I can't find current phone numbers for them but I thought Aero Continente picked up the flights that Lan Dominicana was carrying. Does anyone have phone numbers for Non-US Airlines flying to NY?

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
creativeliza said:
If you are flying a non-US airline it's not an issue. Or, if the airline overlooks the rule. But, I was recently forced to buy a one-way, which I later refunded, by American Airlines. I would just like to avoid that. I really just need the names and numbers of other airlines if people have them. None of the information online is current.

Forget COPA, they will not let you get into the plane without an air ticket out of DR.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I don't understand this sentence:

I am an American living here in Santo Domingo without a Residence Visa

What kind of American is it? :nervous:

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AS PER TIMATICWEB.COM

ALL US TRAVELING TO REP. DOM NEED TO HAVE RT TICKET.
Visitor must hold:
- return or onward ticket (one-way ticket allowed if born in
Dominican Rep. or if being foreign minor but travelling
with parents who are nationals of Dominican Rep.); and
- all documents required for next destination.

Non-compliance with entry regulations will result in
deportation on same aircraft and carrier will be fined USD
1,000.-, for transporting passengers with improper documents.

NO MATTER WICH AIRLINE YOU ARE TRAVELING, ALL AIRLINES GO BY TIMATIC IATA.

Last edited:

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
rules are meant to be bent...

creativeliza said:
I too am a US citizen and travel to DR atleast once a month,; I don't recall the last time any Dominican official asked me for an onward or return ticket home, or do I have sufficient funds to cover my stay in SDQ. All I do is purchase my tourist card and... Voila! I'm in like flint (in the states I get the tourist card for USD$11 in SDQ USD$10
Checkout this web site
www.timaticweb.com

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
santobonao said:
Latino2002 what it would happen if i buy the rt ticket and i stay to live to later on i come to USA i would have to buy the 3 ticket.

thanks
sorry dont undestand the question.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Kaizen68 said:
I too am a US citizen and travel to DR atleast once a month,; I don't recall the last time any Dominican official asked me for an onward or return ticket home, or do I have sufficient funds to cover my stay in SDQ. All I do is purchase my tourist card and... Voila! I'm in like flint (in the states I get the tourist card for USD$11 in SDQ USD$10
Checkout this web site
www.timaticweb.com

Kaizen68, i know what are you talking about, most of dominican official dont even care about it anymore....they just stamp you passport and ADIOS (breaktime).

But as a front airlines agent, the airlines tickevt agent should check the timatic or TIFA to verify all proper documents to enter into that specific country. Some country will fine the operator carrier up to 10.00.oousd , as brazil and spain.

and now with the electronic ticketing..very hard to ask for return tickets in REP.DOM .