Wedding in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraggle499

Sep 30, 2004
My husband and I had a civil ceremony in the UNITED STATES, so we are already married.

However, we would like to have a wedding ceremony in the Dominican Republic at the Riu Merengue where we will be staying for our honeymoon.

The wedding planner at the resort keeps saying that we will have to have the wedding during the week with a judge who only speaks Spanish.

Is there some way to hire a priest or official to perform the wedding ceremony for us in English on Sunday or Saturday? I'd like to get married on the weekend, because my entire family will be there by then.

I am already married, so there are no legal documents to sign. I'd just like the ceremony to be performed by an official or holy person.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, I AM REALLY TRYING TO WORK THIS WEDDING OUT!

~fraggle499

sami

Aug 7, 2003
the wedding planner , should be able to arrange for a priest and there is a standard form that they use for civil ceremonies...to translate, from Spanish to English
sami

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you have the proper paperwork and permissions, it is possible to have a wedding in the Catholic Church. Several priests in Puerto Plata speak English. However, I doubt that the ceremony could be held at the hotel.

If you want to pursue this, try calling the cathedral at 809-5586-2484. Ask for Kathy.

The person who answers the phone will probably not speak English, but Kathy does.

Status
Not open for further replies.