Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In defense of the National Police.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In defense of the National Police.

I read in this publication about high ranking officers having large quantities of vihicles asigned to them. When a police officer in New York gets a car asigned to him,he does not ask where does the car come from? Why should he?
    The same goes for Dominican cops. They get cars asigned to them. Period.Do you think a Dominican cop is different from a New York cop? Not a chance.They don't ask.And why should they? Cops go undercover. Right?
    That is why they need different cars. You do want crime to be lowered and suppresed in the Dominican Republic.Don't you?
    Why must everything be labeled as corruption in D.R? To bad that prevention of crimes is not as publisized as the crimes commited.
    I rather have cops cruising the country in recovered cars then having robers plundering the country.
    Perhaps if the government had the money to buy the cops some cars,this would not be happening.
    To give you a good example,in Jamaica the cops are short 120 cars islandwide and it takes many hours and days before the police arrive to help the population even if murders are commited.
    Do you all want that in D.R.?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How in the world can you defend the cops taking a car that has a proper owner? An owner who in many cases is still making payments on that car. That's stealing plain and simple. It makes no difference if the car was assigned to them by their superior or the president. Whoever decides to make use of that car, instead of returning it to the proper owner is a thief plain and simple.
    Why am I even answering this post? Doesn't everyone in The DR know that 99.9% of the police force are thiefs, drug dealers, and criminals in general (corrupt at a minimum)?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Roth
    I read in this publication about high ranking officers having large quantities of vihicles asigned to them. When a police officer in New York gets a car asigned to him,he does not ask where does the car come from? Why should he?
    The same goes for Dominican cops. They get cars asigned to them. Period.Do you think a Dominican cop is different from a New York cop? Not a chance.They don't ask.And why should they? Cops go undercover. Right?
    That is why they need different cars. You do want crime to be lowered and suppresed in the Dominican Republic.Don't you?
    Why must everything be labeled as corruption in D.R? To bad that prevention of crimes is not as publisized as the crimes commited.
    I rather have cops cruising the country in recovered cars then having robers plundering the country.
    Perhaps if the government had the money to buy the cops some cars,this would not be happening.
    To give you a good example,in Jamaica the cops are short 120 cars islandwide and it takes many hours and days before the police arrive to help the population even if murders are commited.
    Give me a break!

What about the ones they stole?
    What about the ones they gave out to friends and girlfriends?
    Is a NY cop allowed to assign a car to his girlfriend?
    Is that same NY cop allowed to make changes to that car (radio, tinted windows etc), file away the chassis #, then claim compensation when he get's caught?
    Have you ever witnessed first hand the response times here?

I think you need to re-read the news over the past 2 weeks in regard to these "re-assigned" cars.

ditz
    Post Thanks / Like

I have reservations about the word "assigned" here, these cars were better "appropriated," some officials with as many as 20 vehicles apiece, handed out to third parties -- and not little beaters either but luxury SUVs etc. Where are the cars of that murdered man's prize collection, which golo mentions in his post on the other thread?

I don't know how the OP can not see that with an attitude as such, the police are then obviously prone to working in conjunction with, not against, crime?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We're a looooong frickin' way from New Yorkn here, "Doctor".

Don't defend the National Police, please until they at least start pretending not to the backbone of the country's organised crime. It's enough of an insult to law enforcement and the general notion of order and civilization that they call themselves police at all.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Got to be Kidding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Give me a break!

What about the ones they stole?
    What about the ones they gave out to friends and girlfriends?
    Is a NY cop allowed to assign a car to his girlfriend?
    Is that same NY cop allowed to make changes to that car (radio, tinted windows etc), file away the chassis #, then claim compensation when he get's caught?
    Have you ever witnessed first hand the response times here?

I think you need to re-read the news over the past 2 weeks in regard to these "re-assigned" cars.
    Sorry robert, just adding to your post, I believe it was mentioned about undercover cops. When was the last time you seen a General or Colonel undercover, or a Police Chief that did not normally have a Chauffer. Tough for the driver to handle 20 cars. Get a grip Doc. read the rest of the reports.

Recovered cars belong to the owners period. Confiscated cars from crimes are another category, and not what we are talking about.

Response times? do they show up here, other than to case the place?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this "Dr. Roth" for real? How can you compare a company car that is usually a Chevy of some kind to the luxury vehicles the dominican cops were driving around in. If you were a dominican high ranking officer you would know where the vehicle came from.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree, but....

I happen to agree with all the replies my thread recieved. Cops should not be crooked. BUT are there any alternatives? Instead of asking if I am for real, please write some alternate solutions to this problem. I like to read them.Anybody can be a critic but how about finding a real solution.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I happen to agree with all the replies my thread recieved. Cops should not be crooked. BUT are there any alternatives? Instead of asking if I am for real, please write some alternate solutions to this problem. I like to read them.Anybody can be a critic but how about finding a real solution.
    Yes there is a solution, they do their job and keep their nose clean.

We are talking about the most expensive luxury SUV's. I didn't see them taking Nissan Sentra's.

Did you not notice that they all had more than one stolen car? Some of them had 15 - 20 stolen cars. Filed the vin numbers off and repainted them. Sounds like they are hard at work.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking solutions?????

Real jail sentences for receiving/selling stolen property??? Nothing will change unless there is punishment!! I don't care who it is, They got caught, don't just publish a few of the names, prosecute them, as should be done to anyone breaking the law.

Don't under stand why your asking for solutions? invoke the law it's really simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast