Violence against 3-year old

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
my 3-year old son and 8-year old daughter were walking in cocolito in las galeras last week. a foreigner who lives infrequently in the residence whacked my 3-year old son so hard on his forehead that my son fell back on his rear and left a bruise on his forehead. my daughter told the man that his parents would come after him. he taunted her and send, "yeah, you send them over and i'll deal with them too". i paraphrase, but that was the gist of it. i am out of the country and my wife was working that morning. unfortunately their older sibling should not have let them walk off though it was quite close to the house. i have no idea what the kids did or said to provoke this, but what can a a 3 and 8-year old really do that would provoke this type of fury? after my rage has settled, i would ask legal forum what type of legal recourse is there for this in dr? my wife has gone to authorities in samana but no action as of yet. i am afraid he will strike again and that the guy has a screw loose. this happened in the early a.m. so i am assuming that alcohol had nothing to do with it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are several things to do

The first is to document the damage done to the child, had a doctor write it up
The second is to document the incident with any witnesses
And the third is to formally accuse the bastard of child abuse, get the Police report and ask a judge to have his a$$ thrown in the local jail.

I do hope you have good luck. If none of this happens, then on your next trip to Saman?, be sure you have your biggest and meanest friends on hand and pay the guy a visit. I mean friends like Mr.Wilson, Mr. Smith & Mr.Wesson and perhaps good old Mr. Brass Knuckles.

HB

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
Either kick his butt or get someone to

Jasper said:
my 3-year old son and 8-year old daughter were walking in cocolito in las galeras last week. a foreigner who lives infrequently in the residence whacked my 3-year old son so hard on his forehead that my son fell back on his rear and left a bruise on his forehead. my daughter told the man that his parents would come after him. he taunted her and send, "yeah, you send them over and i'll deal with them too". i paraphrase, but that was the gist of it. i am out of the country and my wife was working that morning. unfortunately their older sibling should not have let them walk off though it was quite close to the house. i have no idea what the kids did or said to provoke this, but what can a a 3 and 8-year old really do that would provoke this type of fury? after my rage has settled, i would ask legal forum what type of legal recourse is there for this in dr? my wife has gone to authorities in samana but no action as of yet. i am afraid he will strike again and that the guy has a screw loose. this happened in the early a.m. so i am assuming that alcohol had nothing to do with it.

Jasper, neat board nickname. But anyway, I doubt anything can be done now since the incident already happened and can't be proven. From what you said it seems the Foreigner thinks he's better than local people since he probably has more money than most and whacked your daughter, which was wrong. I suggest you either tell your little girls to be a bit more careful or get some local guys to scare the foreigner.

-Rob

Just my 1.72 cents (after 14% ITBIS)

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Hillbilly said:
The first is to document the damage done to the child, had a doctor write it up
The second is to document the incident with any witnesses
And the third is to formally accuse the bastard of child abuse, get the Police report and ask a judge to have his a$$ thrown in the local jail.

I do hope you have good luck. If none of this happens, then on your next trip to Saman?, be sure you have your biggest and meanest friends on hand and pay the guy a visit. I mean friends like Mr.Wilson, Mr. Smith & Mr.Wesson and perhaps good old Mr. Brass Knuckles.

HB

my wife took my son the same day to the doctor in samana to ensure that no internal damage was done. his report was given to police. if i were there, i don't know what i would have done.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Dont try and talk to the a-hole. Let the authorities take care of him. No good will come out of you try talking civilized to any guy that hits a three year old. What happens if this guy says "I hit him so what?" You'll then kill the guy and then your wrong.