How to get to Puerto Plata?

ruthberg

Oct 4, 2004
I am traveling from Brazil to DR on 19/10. There are only flights to Santo Domingo. I will arrive at 3:00 PM. What is the best choice to arrive on Puerto Plata. Plane (any timetable avaible on the net?), bus or car rental?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Assuming your flight is on time

Just take a taxi to Caribe Tours in Santo Domingo. You have enought time to make their bus to Puerto Plata.

HB

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Was Going to Say.....

practice, practice, practice, but I am not sure if anyone would get that one anymore.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I checked, JIC, and the

last bus to Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo leaves at 7 p.m., so you should have plenty of time.

The taxi fares from the airport to Santo Domingo are posted on the wall and on billboards as you leave the customs area of the airport there in Santo Domingo. Please tell the driver what you are going to pay-as per the posted rate- before you get in the taxi. It might even be a good idea to see if there is anyone on the plane that will be taking a taxi to Santo Domingo so you can share.

There are taxis that meet the bus as it arrives from Santo Domingo, so you won't have any problem getting to your hotel. Again, negotiate the fare before gettin in the cab.

Have a nice trip

HB :D:D

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
ruthberg said:
Don't understand....
An old joke:

Tourist: How do I get to Carnegie Hall?

New Yorker: Practice, practice, practice!

Just take the bus and ponder this during the ride. :classic:

Last edited: