Lost Passport/Birth Certificate

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
My friend recently lost her Passport and Birth Certficate. I am trying to gather some information for her on the best way to proceed to get these replaced.

She lives near Nagua. Where would she have to travel to take care of this? The cost? The time it would take? Information that she would have to provide? She still does have her cedula if that helps.

Any information that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Quote from Fabio Guzman

Fabio J. Guzman said:
You should go to the Civil Registry (Oficialia de Estado Civil) where the birth was recorded and ask for a certified copy.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is this a Dominican friend?

If so, why the he!! doesn't she know where to get them? Is she that ignorant? Something most all Dominicans know how to do is get a birth certificate. They have been doing this since grade school...And if she had a passport, she had to have obtained the necessary papers for it.

This smells like: "Honey? Bla bla bla, so please send me some money so I can get new pones."

Sheesh!

HB :(:(:(

Hey, there's a bridge over near Brooklyn that I can sell you...

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
Thanks for nothing Hillbilly

Can you ever share some of your of knowledge/experience without some smart *** remark to someone/anyone? Why is everything a scam to you? You must have been used and abused down there and carry a lot of hostility and anger. Have you ever been taught that if you do not have something good to say, not to say anything at all? I figure an old geezer like you would know that by now. Get over it.

Once again words of wisdom from a clown named Hillbilly!

Get a life.

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
you kidding me! but do this if your for real...

If you friend lost her passaport and birth certificate then, ask her how did she got the one she lost? The next question she will say to you is : Can you give me the money? These are your options:

1. Ask her how much is . If it is over 2000 pesos then, ask her to barrow the money and send you the receipt. She get one to get copy of each one.
Also you can look in the DR internet phone directory or yellow pages under dominican verizon and find the birth certificate or passaport office ask the question yourself. 3. If it is an emergency or expres service she will have to pay extra, may be around 20 .00 dollars more for passaport or 5.00 dollars for birthcertificate. 4. Tell her that she is in her country , and if she doesn?t know where to get a passaport or birthcertificate ask around or go to Padre Rogelio , a very famous Dominican Priest in Nagua who help everyone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Seems that there are more than one of us with the same idea: Wake up

..It is a scam.

SCAMSCAMSCAM!!!

I got a great life, and if a wake up call does not work, well then I have to resort to a wisea$$ remark so you pay attention.

I repeat: NOBODY in the DR does not know how to get a birth certificate. ERGo they know what to do to get a passport, too.

That bridge is still for sale!

Sheese, talk about pu$$y-whipped!!

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sending her to Father Rogelio is a brilliant idea! If he could get his hands on any money coming out of this, he would put it to really good use & help a needy family.
To the original poster, HB is trying to help you. You may not like his terminology, but he is trying to cram 40+ years of experience into one post. I would reiterate, anyone with a cedula will be able to get a copy of their birth certificate. But it takes some effort. Maybe this isn't a scam. Maybe your friend is just lazy & wants you to do all the work. But you can't. They have to apply in person.