Dominicans in Miami / professionals

Roli07

Oct 7, 2004
Hello to all, I'm new in this forum as a writer even though I have read threads for a long time now. I'm interested in knowing if there are any professional associations in Miami for Dominicans like myself . I'm a network/sytems Engineer for a large global financial company based out of the Ft. Lauderdale regional office and would like to meet others (not neccesarily in my field).
As my birthday to do - innitiative, I feel that I need to put more into my community and participate in more events that can help my fellow dominicans progress.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
You need to contact Margarita Cepeda. Do a google search on her. She is the best contact to orient you on organizations in FL. There are
also dominican business organization, the Dominican-American National Foundation, and a few others. She can help.
Best

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Miami has the largest Dominican-American population outside of the NYC metropolitan area, probably close to 100,000 at the moment. I grew up there too. It used to be that all Dominicans used to live near Allapatah or the Overtown area but alot has changed over the years. A much larger amount of professionals now, working for all those big companies down there. There have to be several professional organizations down there, start by looking at DANR which has several links. Hopefully I'll be back in the next two years working for one of those companies myself. The Dominicans down there are decidedly more low-key than those from the NYC area, even though most of them came from that area. It also might have something to do with all the rich DR folks buying houses and condos on Brickell Ave for their "North American" business ventures........

Roli07

Oct 7, 2004
Thanks for the response, I will look into these and take it from there..
have a great day !!!
roli

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Roli07 said:
Thanks for the response, I will look into these and take it from there..
have a great day !!!
roli

so you are a proffesssssional DOMINICAN AMERICAN GOD i hate this posts come on man if you live or work in FT LAUDERDALE there's no way in hell you haven't seen any DOMINICAN AMERICAN (PROFFEEEESSIONALS) geeee!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! IS HARD TO BELIEVE! by the way i know afew hundreths myself.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I don't think this is entirely accurate. I believe the second largest population is in NJ then FL. On thing that is interesting is that the average age of Dominicans in FL is slightly over the national average.
D
Jon S. said:
Miami has the largest Dominican-American population outside of the NYC metropolitan area, probably close to 100,000 at the moment. I grew up there too. It used to be that all Dominicans used to live near Allapatah or the Overtown area but alot has changed over the years. A much larger amount of professionals now, working for all those big companies down there. There have to be several professional organizations down there, start by looking at DANR which has several links. Hopefully I'll be back in the next two years working for one of those companies myself. The Dominicans down there are decidedly more low-key than those from the NYC area, even though most of them came from that area. It also might have something to do with all the rich DR folks buying houses and condos on Brickell Ave for their "North American" business ventures........

Roli07

Oct 7, 2004
ERICKXSON said:
so you are a proffesssssional DOMINICAN AMERICAN GOD i hate this posts come on man if you live or work in FT LAUDERDALE there's no way in hell you haven't seen any DOMINICAN AMERICAN (PROFFEEEESSIONALS) geeee!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! IS HARD TO BELIEVE! by the way i know afew hundreths myself.

I think you misunderstood or misread the post. I'm not looking for individual domincan professionals, I know of and work with some myself and know others in different fields. What i'm looking for are any exisiting dominican-american associations in Miami with no political influence for professionals who are interested in helping out their fellow dominicans progress in whatever field. now if you don't know of any, then keep your comments to yourself. If you do then just provide information, smile and have a nice day. Thanks !!!