I cannot wait to come back!!!

abba23

Sep 30, 2004
:) I cannot wait to come back to DR! I loved every minute of it when I was there and felt so sad to come back home to England where its wet and depressing! I have family who moved to Puerto Plata 2 1/2 years ago and they are loving it. They have bought a home and have jobs. I do not have enough money to buy myself a home but I am determined to come over to live. I have a 5 year old son and think it will do him the world of good. To grow up in such a beautiful place. I am saving up very hard and learning Spanish at the same time. But I just cannot wait to back there!! :)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
That's how I felt after my first trip. After 2 or 3 days in the DR, I knew that was where I belonged. When I returned to NY, I immediately booked another trip back 6 weeks later.

Sucks being back home dosen't it?

Larry

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
It will be great

abba23 said:
:) I cannot wait to come back to DR! I loved every minute of it when I was there and felt so sad to come back home to England where its wet and depressing! I have family who moved to Puerto Plata 2 1/2 years ago and they are loving it. They have bought a home and have jobs. I do not have enough money to buy myself a home but I am determined to come over to live. I have a 5 year old son and think it will do him the world of good. To grow up in such a beautiful place. I am saving up very hard and learning Spanish at the same time. But I just cannot wait to back there!! :)

If you have your 5 year old son start learning spanish now, they learn so quickly.

URock

Feb 10, 2003
abba23 said:
:) I have a 5 year old son and think it will do him the world of good. To grow up in such a beautiful place.

Do you really think it will do him a world of good? In what ways? Not being a smart a$$, just curious because that's quite an adjustment for him...... in every way.

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
You should try and make the move as soon as possible while your son is still at a young age. The older he gets the harder it will be for him to adjust. But either way I totally agree with I loved everything about the culture, food, atmosphere, everything!!!
URock said:
Do you really think it will do him a world of good? In what ways? Not being a smart a$$, just curious because that's quite an adjustment for him...... in every way.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Larry said:
That's how I felt after my first trip. After 2 or 3 days in the DR, I knew that was where I belonged. When I returned to NY, I immediately booked another trip back 6 weeks later.

Sucks being back home dosen't it?

Larry

Well Larry, it could be the other way.

Instead of asking "sucks being back home doesn't?" you should say "Isn't great when you finally found your real true HOME?"

I think that would maintain the positive attitude of the thread starter.

Just posting for the sake of posting. ;)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Isn't it funny?

URock said:

While you foreigners think that this Island is paradise
We the '' Pauper Dominicans'' think it is hell and rather
end up inside the mouth of a nice hungry shark.

Paradise for Y'all and hell for us....lmao
We want to go to that place you call hell
and are almost ready to do anything to get
there even if it means death.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Have Lots Of MONEY,Almost AnyplaCE IS gREAT!

THat goes DOUBLE for the DR!If you have a nice "yipeta",a big house in Arroyo Hondo,planta,money,everything is cool.You can eat in great restaurants,weekend at fine beach resorts,and if you are so inclined,have just about any woman you want!!!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Criss Colon said:
THat goes DOUBLE for the DR!If you have a nice "yipeta",a big house in Arroyo Hondo,planta,money,everything is cool.You can eat in great restaurants,weekend at fine beach resorts,and if you are so inclined,have just about any woman you want!!!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

This is true! I guess thats why I still live in Canada!
No monies :eek:

abba23

Sep 30, 2004
URock said:

Hey URock, where I live I see so many young boys who find it difficult to not live a life of crime and violence. I cannot afford to live in a good enough area in England to keep him away from this. I can try my best to steer him in the right direction but I have seen it so many times even with my younger brothers. It is all about whos got the best phone and whos got the best computer or trainers. So in order to have all of these things most young boys will turn to stealing as it is easier than getting an education or a job. I feel for my son to grow up in a place like the DR he will be away from all these neagtive things and have a beautiful country to live in. I may be wrong but that is the way I feel at the moment! And as he is so young the adjustment will not affect him too much, I don't think. Has that answered your curiosity?

abba23

Sep 30, 2004
Mr_DR said:
While you foreigners think that this Island is paradise
We the '' Pauper Dominicans'' think it is hell and rather
end up inside the mouth of a nice hungry shark.

Paradise for Y'all and hell for us....lmao
We want to go to that place you call hell
and are almost ready to do anything to get
there even if it means death.

Thats a good point!

We always want what we haven't got or what we can't have!

But while I was in DR I didn't meet anyone who told me that they thought DR was hell for them. My relatives moved over there a couple of years ago and they love it. They have made a lot of friends over there aswell and that was the impression I got - that they loved it!

But it must be true for some and its sad to look at it that way. Most people probably don't.

abba23

Sep 30, 2004
Thanks!

Bonita Morena said:
You should try and make the move as soon as possible while your son is still at a young age. The older he gets the harder it will be for him to adjust. But either way I totally agree with I loved everything about the culture, food, atmosphere, everything!!!

Thanks Bonita Morena for the positive encouragement!

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
A good life in the DR is not a yipeta or a home in Arroyo Hondo necessarily. I have a 6 year old sedan, rent an apt. in Santo Domingo and own a small cabin in an acre of land in the country with a million-dollar view 20 mins. from Santiago. A good, well-paying job and I would not change this for anything. I have never been happier, in spite of so many shortcomings faced daily in the DR.