buffet restuarants

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
"Mr. Cooks" used to have one daily at lunch time...............

........but do not know if that is still happening now or not. I am sure they still have a tex -mex buffet one evening per week though.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
dms3611 said:
........but do not know if that is still happening now or not. I am sure they still have a tex -mex buffet one evening per week though.

Last time I was there, I asked them about the buffet and they told me they no longer have it. Maybe the waiter didn't understand my spanish.

Can anyone confirm the buffet at mr cooks?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
No more Buffet lunches at Mr. cook. Their wednesday Tex-mex buffet is a joke, also their thrusday pizza buffet. Mr. cook is not what it used to be. They must be suffering financially to have degraded their service and food quality to this level. I took chuckU there to eat tex-mex buffet and came out embarrassed. Chuck would never enter that restaurant and neither would I.
RIP mr. cook.
AZB

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Please give me the name of a good restaurant...

in Santiago. The ones I have been pointed to are a little expensive and still the service and product is never consistent. I don't mind paying good money for good product and good service. But I hate paying good money and getting third class service or product. I honestly do not know of a restaurant I could recommend that I could be sure you would be pleased with.
Probably the best I have seen that is clean, comfortable, and inexpensive is the one on second floor of El Encanto. But even there sometimes the food is cold.

The best restaurant in this country I have ever come across is in Santo Domingo one main street north of the Malecon about a half mile from Zona Colonial...."Tres Hermanos Restaurant". You can sit outside in a very comfortable setting or inside in air conditioning. You can order from the cafeteria style setup or from the sit down menu. Both are great. Their bakery is great. Their coffee is great. Their service is great. Their prices are cheap. They are consistent and I have never seen them miss a beat. They know what good service is. Problem is that everyone knows about them and so always expect it to be packed.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Snuffy said:
in Santiago. The ones I have been pointed to are a little expensive and still the service and product is never consistent. I don't mind paying good money for good product and good service. But I hate paying good money and getting third class service or product. I honestly do not know of a restaurant I could recommend that I could be sure you would be pleased with.
Probably the best I have seen that is clean, comfortable, and inexpensive is the one on second floor of El Encanto. But even there sometimes the food is cold.

The best restaurant in this country I have ever come across is in Santo Domingo one main street north of the Malecon about a half mile from Zona Colonial...."Tres Hermanos Restaurant". You can sit outside in a very comfortable setting or inside in air conditioning. You can order from the cafeteria style setup or from the sit down menu. Both are great. Their bakery is great. Their coffee is great. Their service is great. Their prices are cheap. They are consistent and I have never seen them miss a beat. They know what good service is. Problem is that everyone knows about them and so always expect it to be packed.

In Santiago goto Ma Roma. It's would be rated 4 stars in any city. Filet Mignon will set you back 500 pesos. Well worth the price if you are looking for an excellent meal.

The Pez Dorado in Santiago is also a very good place. Personally I prefer Ma romas but I would say the quality is near equal.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Thanks....

for the replies.
I was in santiago on september 28 and was working brains on where to find one, but without success.
Now that I am in Sao Paulo brazil, it seems like a great idea, as they have many self -services and Churrascarias (here you can get a great taste of brazil) and i imagine it would be a great way to get to experience dominican dining as well.
I ate at the Ahi bar, while the food and the services was nice, they hadn~t a selections of desserts. I was really hoping to have a cheeze cake...i think they had one item on the menu for dessert.
In respect to great restuarants in santiago, I think at camp david is such a beautiful place to eat dinner, also at pez dorado and montezuma.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
TCIDR said:
where in the city is Ma Roma

Take 27 de Feb from KFC past Tricom. Turn right at the next intersection. Turn right again at the next street. It is across from the large open park. I don't know the name of it unfortunately. I know those directions are a bit fuzzy but they will point you in the right direction.

Scott